Corn Tortilla recipe is a famous Mexican Food, which can be made easily and quickly with few ingredients like maize Flour, wheat flour, salt, oil and hot water. Here wheat flour is optional if you do not like then do not use. But if you use this wheat flour then you will get soft Tortillas roll. Let us know what are the ingredients and making process of Mexican Corn Tortillas.
Ingredients of Mexican Food – Corn Tortillas:
- Maize flour – 2 cup
- Wheat flour – 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Hot water – as required
- Black pepper powder – 1 table spoon (optional)
Cooking Method of Mexican Food – Corn Tortillas:
- Take a bowl and pour above said Maize flour, wheat flour, little oil, salt, 1 table spoon of black pepper and hot water and combine well.
- Knead it properly for 5-10 minutes by sprinkling little hot water through that you will get smooth dough.
- If that dough is too sticky then add little maize flour to make that dough smooth.
- Place the dough in a bowl with covering tight fitting lid or plastic wrapper and keep it for 30 minutes.
- Next divide that dough in to small balls or medium equal size balls.
- Take small balls and dip in to flour once and by using rolling pin or tortillas press roll out for nice shape tortillas. Any kind of shape you can give like round shape, triangle shape etc.
- Preheat skillet and place that tortillas in to skillet, allow it to cook for half minute
- You will come to know that tortilla start to cook and it gets good puff on it next flip over to the other side and continue for the same.
- Remove it from skillet and put it in to hot box.
- Continue same for remaining portion of the dough.
- You can sprinkle black pepper powder on the tortillas.
- Serve this with spicy curry, American Chop Suey, sauce or Mexican Salsa.
Note: Here you must get smooth dough; if you get sticky dough then you cannot prepare tortillas properly. If you get sticky dough add some wheat or maize flour and knead well until you get smooth one. Make medium sized balls then you will get good puff on that. After removing tortillas form skillet store that tortillas covered with towel, so you can keep those tortillas warm and moist for some hours.
The post Mexican Food – Corn Tortillas appeared first on Ur Yummy recipes.