Thai curries are quicker to make and sweeter than there Indian cousins.
This recipes cheats by using a jar but if you enjoy making your own Curry Paste make it in bulk then freeze portions in ice cube trays to use in the future.
- 1 small sweet potato
- 1 small red beet
- 1 spring onion
- 1 tbsp. Thai red Curry paste
- ½ cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup coconut cream
- ½ tbsp. cooking oil
- Slice the spring onion finely, and separate the green from the white.
- Cut the beet and sweet potato into bite size pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan until it starts to ripple then fry the white pieces of spring onion with the curry paste for twenty seconds.
- Add the chopped vegetables to the pan and pour the stock in.
- Bring the stock to the boil then turn the heat down to a simmer.
- Cover the pan and simmer for fifteen to twenty minute or until the vegetables are tender.
- Stir the coconut cream into the curry and heat it until it is steaming.
- Serve with rice or flat bread (see last weeks recipe) topped with a sprinkle of the green onion slices. For more recipes like this download my Single Serve book.