Last week’s recipe involved fried Cheese filled wontons.
If you prefer oil free recipes or want to use the wonton wrappers differently here is an alternative.
- 5-6 wonton wrappers
- 4 leafy parsley or basil stalks
- ½ tbsp. cream cheese
- ½ tbsp. ricotta cheese
- 1 cup of Italian style tomato sauce
- ½ tsp. chili flakes or chili paste
- 1 small garlic clove
- A pinch of salt
- Pluck the leaves from the parsley or basil stalks then chop the stalks finely.
- Mix the cheeses and stalks with the salt. I do this in the bowl I will serve in so that the remaining cheese gives a little creaminess tomato sauce.
- To make the ravioli place a teaspoonful of the cheese mixture in the centre of each of the wonton wrappers.
- Brush a little water around the edge of the wrappers then fold the wontons to form triangles and press the edges together.
- Pour the tomato sauce into a small skillet and heat it to simmering point.
- Grate the garlic into the sauce and stir in the salt and parsley or basil leaves.
- Place the ravioli into the sauce and poach them for one minute.
- Turn the ravioli so they are coated with the sauce and cook them for about another thirty seconds then serve.