This is yet another recipe using Flax Seeds. It can be made with all ingredients available at home. It will be very tasty. It can be a paleo breakfast or simple paleo snack. This is a mexican style tostada that fits to indian taste buds. Even if you are not in paleo diet, you can have this as a weight loss snack. Using flax seeds is a home remedy for polycystic ovary.
You can refer my other flax seed recipes here.
Flax Seed Idli Podi
Flax Seed Buttermilk
Flax Seeds Tostadas | Paleo Recipe | Paleo Snack
|Prep Time:||Cooking Time:|
2 small tostadas
|Svg Size: |
5 for 5
Calories per Serving:
100 to 150
|Posted By: |
- 1/4 cup powdered Flax Seeds
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 2 tblspn sour cream
- 2 tblspn finely chopped onions
- thinly sliced spring onions
- salt and water, as required
- Take flax seed powder and salt in a bowl. Add 2 tblspns of water. Mix well. Add 1/2 tblspn of water, if needed. Initially it will be coarse. Then it will start forming a dough like thing. You need to wait.
- Now you have got a chapathi like dough. It will be only upto a ball size. Apply coconut oil around the ball.
- Place it in between two butter parchment papers. Start rolling the pin over it. It will not make a regular round size chapathi. You need to adjust and cut it into rounds. You can use rest of the pieces to form a ball again and make it also as rotis.
- Heat a pan and place the rotis. Cook it well on both sides. Apply little oil. Now the hard shell is ready.
- Arrange it in a plate. Apply a tblspn of sour cream on it and spread it. Sprinkle onions and spring onions on top of it.
- Tostada is ready to serve. Eat it as soon as you spread sour cream. Then only it will be crispy.
Tasty tostada as a snack, during your paleo diet !!