How to make Rice Murukku recipe?
Murukku is a savoury, crunchy Indian snack Learn how to make Rice Murukku Recipe with simple steps.
- Idly rice – 1 kilo gram
- Roasted channa dal – ¼ kilo gram
- Urad dal – 100 gram
- Butter – 100 gram (melted)
- Red chili – 6 no’s
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Ajwain – crushed ¼ spoon
- Sesame seeds – 1 teaspoon (white or black)
- Salt as needed
- Water to making dough
- Oil for deep frying
Steps to cook Rice murukku recipe:
- First soak the idly rice in water for 2 ½ hours, then wash and drain the water.
- Take a fry pan when it is heated add urad dal and fry till we get nice aroma. (Don’t over fry)
- Then transfer urad dal in to a mixer grinder and make a fine powder then sieve it.
- Next add roasted chana dal (pottu kadalai) in a mixer grinder then make fine powder and sieve it.
- In a hot water immerse the red chili for 15 minutes, then drain the water and make a fine red chili paste.
- Grind the idly rice by adding little amount of water and transfer in to a mixing bowl and keep it aside. (requires a consistently coarse grinding)
- In a idly rice batter add urad dal flour, roasted chana dal flour, red chili paste, Ajwain, sesame seeds, asafoetida, salt as needed and melted butter.
- Now mix the murukku mixture carefully and make smooth dough.
- At last add 4 spoons heated oil in a murukku mixture and check the salt and spicy of murukku flour if you want you can add it and knead dough again and keep it aside.
- Next place a pan in the stove then add required oil for deep frying the murukku.
- In meanwhile take murukku maker (Thenkuzhal) and grease some oil in the two sides (both inner and outer) of the murukku maker.
- Now take a small part of dough and pour in to the murukku machine. (Here I used three whole plate)
- Press the murukku machine in one circular motion.
- Check the oil whether it is heated or not by adding small part of murukku flour in to the oil.
- When the flour comes up from the oil means it is heated.
- Take 3 or 4 small plates and place upside down then squeeze the murukku in to those plates.
- Now add squeezed murukku in to the oil one by one then wait for 5 minutes and turned another side.
- Fry the murukku till it becomes golden yellow colour then take murukku from oil and put it to the kitchen towel or tissue paper to absorb extra oil from the murukku.
- Same procedure will be followed till remaining dough could be finished.
- After every batch of murukku flour taken from the dough knead the dough thoroughly to avoid dryness and flour become so soft and it is easy for squeezing the murukku.
- Now cool down the murukku in room temperature then pour in to the air tight container for long use.
- Traditional hot and spicy murukku is ready to serve.
- Enjoy this murukku with tea time.
- More recipes: sabudana payasam recipe | Ragi murukku | gulab jamun recipe
- To avoid sour taste of the murukku flour, first make sure that all required items are ready then finally add the rice flour in to the mixture.
- Here I used long red chili; according to chili variety the quantity of chili will be varied.
- We can use both idly rice and cooking rice for making this murukku. (Equal quantity)
- If the murukku shape is not coming means add urad dal flour and knead dough again.
- If the dough becomes tightened means sprinkle some water and knead dough again and make a murukku.
- You want the murukku with golden brown colour means add 4 table spoons of gram flour, it will increase the colour and taste also different.
The post Rice murukku recipe, how to make Murukku recipe, Chakli recipe, Jantikalu appeared first on Famous Indian Recipes | Healthy recipes | Easy Recipes | Cooking.