How to make Paneer Butter masala?
Paneer butter masala is a quick recipe goes well with naan, paratha, roti or jeera rice for lunch or dinner. Learn how to make Paneer butter masala here.
- Paneer – 100 grams (cottage or homemade)
- Tomato – 3 (medium sized)
- Big onion – 2 (medium sized)
- Cashew – 30 grams
- Butter – 50 grams
- Onion – 1 big sized (chopped finely)
- Ginger garlic paste – 1 spoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Chili powder – 1 spoon
- Kashmir chili powder – ½ spoon
- Cumin powder – ½ spoon
- Garam masala – 1 ½ spoons
- Salt to taste
- Honey – ½ spoon
- Fresh cream – 1 spoon (optional)
- Kasthuri methi – ½ spoon (crushed)
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Water as needed
Steps to grind puree:
- First cut the tomatoes as cube and onion as sliced.
- In a pan add water then add chopped tomatoes, onion and cashew.
- Then close the lid and boil up to 10 minutes, after 10 minutes switch off the stove and drain the water.
- Take a mixer grinder and add boiled items then grind in to fine paste and keep it aside.
Steps to cook paneer butter masala:
- First cut the paneer in to cube size and keep it aside.
- In a kadai add 25 grams of butter (melted in low flame) then add chopped onion and fry till it become golden colour.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and fry up to the raw smell disappear.
- Add all spices like turmeric powder, chili powder, Kashmir chili powder, cumin powder, garam masala and salt as needed then fry for a minute in a low flame.
- Then add the grinded puree and fry up to the oil release from the gravy in a medium flame.
- If you want the gravy thin means add water and allow it to boil for 5 minutes otherwise no need to add water.
- Now add the cubed paneer in the gravy and boil up to 8 minutes then add honey.
- Finally add crushed Kasthuri methi and mix well the gravy.
- In this stage add fresh cream and boil for a minute and switch off the stove and finally garnish with coriander leaves and place remaining butter on the gravy.
- Transfer the paneer butter in to a serving kadai.
- Now spicy, mouth watering paneer butter masala is ready to eat.
- Serve this paneer butter masala with Nan, roti, chapatti, pulav etc.,
- more gravy recipes: Cauliflower Matar Gravy | Channa Gravy recipe | Mutton gravy recipe | Mushroom gravy recipe
- Use Bangalore tomato for puree it gives well colour and taste.
- You can either use broken cashew or whole cashew.
- I used Kashmiri chili powder for colour.
- Instead of onion, tomato and cashew boiled paste you can use separate tomato puree and cashew nut paste.
- You can add sugar instead of honey but honey give rich taste.
The post Paneer butter masala, how to make paneer butter masala, paneer makhani appeared first on Famous Indian Recipes | Healthy recipes | Easy Recipes | Cooking.