How to make the Channa Gravy ?
It is a fantastic side dish for chapati and poori.
Ingredients for Channa gravy:
- Channa –1/2 cup
- Oil – 2 tsp.
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp.
- Curry leaves – few
- Ginger Garlic paste– 1 tsp.
- Big onion – 2 (chopped)
- Green chilli–2 nos. (chopped)
- Red Chilli powder – 1 tsp.
- Coriander powder – 1/2 tsp.
- Tomato –3 (small size)
- Cinnamon – small piece
- Cardamom – 1
- Garam masala – 1 tsp.
- Sugar – 1 pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Coriander leaves – 1/4 bowl
- Soak 3 tomatoes in boiling water for 10 minutes. After 10 minutes, remove tomato peel and grind well in mixer.
Steps to cook:
- Soak channa in water for 10 hours (overnight). Wash channa, and put it in cooker then add some water, pinch of salt and cook it for 6 whistles.
- Heat the pan and then add oil, cinnamon, cardamom, onion, green chilli, and curry leaves and fry till the colour changes brown.
- Now, add ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, turmeric powder and garam masala and fry for few seconds.
- Add the grinded tomato paste, pinch of sugar and boil for 5 minutes in a medium heat.
- Add boiled channa coriander powder mix well and add salt then close the pan with lid.
- After 3 minutes garnish with coriander leaves, few onions and serve hot.
- This channa gravy is good as a nutritious side dish with chappathi, dosa and poori.
- Channa is one of the nutritious foods.
The post Channa gravy – Famous Indian Recipes appeared first on Famous Indian Recipes, Indian dishes, healthy recipes, blogger.