How to prepare Arisi Paruppu Sadam ?
Arisi Paruppu Sadam Recipe. A south Indian recipe (Coimbatore special)
- Normal rice – 1 cup
- Toor dal – ½ cup
- Small onion – 15 nos
- Red chili – 2 nos
- Curry leaves – few
- Coriander leaves – few
- Garlic – 5 nos (crushed)
- Red chili powder – 1 spoon
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Water – 2 1/2 cups
- Tomato- 1 chopped (naddu tomato)
- Oil – 4 spoons
- Mustard seeds – a pinch
- Jeera – ½ tsp
Steps to cook:
- First soak the rice and dal for 15 minutes and wash the soaked rice and keep it aside.
- In a cooker add oil, allow it to heat, and then add mustard seeds allow it to splutter.
- Next add the Jeera and crushed garlic and fry for a minute.
- Add the small onion and fry till it become light brown colour.
- Next add the curry leaves and coriander leaves, red chili.
- Next add the tomato and add salt, red chili powder, turmeric powder and fry for a minute.
- Next add the water and allow it to boil.(if u want the rice is become mushy means use 2 and half cup water other wise use only 2 cups water)
- Pour the washed rice and closed the lid, cook for 3 whistles
- Now switch of the stove and allow it to cool naturally.
- Arisi paruppu sadham is now ready to serve.
Use homemade ghee or butter for this sadham and brinjal and potato curry.
It’s very nice combination.
For more vegetarian recipes Click here
The post Arisi paruppu sadam – Famous Indian Recipes appeared first on Famous Indian Recipes, Indian dishes, healthy recipes, blogger.