This is a simple Pomfret Fish recipe which is tasty but healthy
Preparation Time: - 20 min
Cooking Time: - 8~10 min
Servings: - 2 persons
- 400 gm Pomfret fish (2 in no.)
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3~4 black pepper corns
- 2 tsp Kashmiri Red Chili powder
- ½ tsp Coriander powder
- 2 tsp Fennel powder
- ½ tbsp. Garam Masala
- Few coriander leaves for garnishing
- 2 whole green chili for garnishing
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil ( I used Mustard oil as I am Bengali and I preferred)
- Salt to taste.
- Wash and clean the fish thoroughly, pat dry them.
- Take a bowl and mix Ginger garlic paste, salt, turmeric powder and lemon juice. Make a paste and rub thoroughly on the pieces of fish on both sides.
- Keep it marinated about 15 minutes.
- Take coriander powder, red chili powder, salt, fennel powder and garam masala. Mix them and apply on the fish.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat oil by turning the burner on high.
- When the oil starts smoking put the pieces of Pomfret one by one. Reduce the heat by turning the burner to medium.
- Fry both sides by flipping till the color changes to brownish.
- Crush the pepper corns and sprinkle them.
- Pour little bit of lemon juice on the fried fish.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and green chili. You can use lemon slices also.
Serve this starter with the sauce of your choice or mayonnaise.
Please note the following:-
- You can use molten butter instead of oil. The aroma will be better and the dish will be healthier.
- The oil needs to be really hot before you put the fish in it. Otherwise they will stick to the frying pan.
- Fry the Fish with caution. Since this is a delicate fish you may burn or over fry. Flip immediately once one side is done.
As always please feel free to comment, criticize and seek if any help is required. I am all ears.