"This is a beautiful Christmas Cherry Cake with cherries and raisins added for those of you who do not want to bother making fruitcakes, it freezes well."
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 12 ounces golden raisins
- 8 ounces halved glace cherries
How to Cook:
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Grease and line a loaf pan with 9 x 5 inches of parchment paper.
- Beat butter or margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add beaten eggs and orange juice and mix well.
- Sift flour and baking powder. Reserve 1/3 cup flour mixture and mix with raisins and cherries (this will prevent them from sinking to the bottom of the cake). Add the flour mixture to beat and mix. Add the raisins and floured cherries to the dough and mix until combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake at 300 degrees F (150 degrees C) for 2-1 / 2 hours. Do not serve until several days before. Wrap the cake in plastic wrap or aluminum foil and store in a sealed box.
Recipe by: Carol
This post first appeared on World Food Cuisines - The House Of World Food Recipes, please read the originial post: here