We’re up to 62 Superhero Movies since 2000. You can download the full data here.
- Both DC and Marvel movies are getting better over time.
- DC superhero properties are averaging 47% since 2000, compared to 62% for Marvel and 69% for all other superhero movies.
- R movies are making up the quality gap with PG-13 movies.
- Sci-fi movies and drama movies do noticeably better than average.
- Thrillers and fantasy do noticeably worse.
Notes on genre classifications: Each of the movies had 2-3 genres assigned by Google metadata. I changed any values that struck me as obviously wrong (e.g. according to Google’s metadata, Spider-Man 2 and Guardians of the Galaxy are “action / fantasy” and Green Lantern is “fantasy / thriller”). Disclaimer: Genre Classifications are always highly subjective and arbitrary.
This post first appeared on Superhero Nation: How To Write Superhero Novels, C, please read the originial post: here