Ok, so you just bought a domain and hosting from Blacknight. That’s the first step in creating your Wordpress Website.
Would you like to get further?
Here we gooo…
- Login to your Blacknight account https://cp.blacknight.com/single.html
- In the main menu, select Websites.
- Click on the website you want to manage.
- In the website tools section, select “Web Applications”
- Click “Install” and select “WordPress”
- On the next screen, click “Next”
- Set the URL path to “/”
- Set login details – choose login and password (or hit “Generate New Password” – just make sure you keep a record of the password)
- Set Email address and Application’s title and click “Next”
- Check the data and press “Finish” to process.
- Now you may need to wait for a few minutes so that the WordPress gets installed.
Now comes the interesting part and that’s editing the website itself in the content management called WordPress.
- You can see what your website looks like when you go to www.yourdomainname.ie
- To start working with the website, go to www.yourdomainname.ie/wp-admin and enter the login and password from step #8 above.
- WordPress is pretty easy to work with – you will quickly find your way around it. For start, just add a few Pages – go to the left hand side column > Pages.
- You can select a better looking theme (=template) for your website by going to Appearance > Themes
- If you want to have a blog, or a news section, you will be adding “Posts” to it, instead of “Pages”
- Any general settings (such as the URL structure) you will find in “Settings” on the left hand side.
Let us know 01 960 9023 if you are stuck and need help at any stage.
The post How to Create a Wordpress Website Hosted with Blacknight appeared first on .