The Gorenje Group is ranked among the leading European manufacturers of home appliances boasting a 60-year history. Gorenje produces home appliances under the brand names of Gorenje, Atag, Mora, Pelgrim, Etna, Körting, and Sidex and sells them in 70 countries worldwide. With a 90% share of exports, Gorenje is the most internationally oriented Slovenian company.
In 2012, Gorenje generated EUR 1.26 billion in sales revenue with about 11,000 employees on board.
Gorenje operates via a wide sales partner network and needs to control multiple marketing and sales indicators across the countries.
The company faced the necessity to store and rapidly analyze information about the activities of their partner companies and accumulate this data into a unified storage. Such a solution would help analyze market information in the central Office and maintain centralized catalogues of products and partner networks.
The data analytics system should have a convenient user interface, allowing proper work with all possible devices.
After analyzing the customer’s requirements, Infopulse offered a solution that consisted of three components:
1. Data collection and primary analysis subsystem.
The data collection and Primary Analysis Subsystem allows mobile workers, using tablet laptops, to collect information about the activities of partner networks and conduct primary analysis of this information immediately in partner companies’ offices. Then, such information can be sent to the Central Office.
During this session of synchronization, updated partner networks and assortment of catalogues are delivered from the central office.
2. Centralized catalogue maintenance subsystem.
The centralized catalogue maintenance subsystem allows organizing unified storage of directories and controlling mobile workers’ access to any given data.
The subsystem ensures the integrity of supplemental information at the regional representation level and releases mobile workers from necessity to keep own directories on their computers.
3. Complex data analytics subsystem.
The complex data analysis subsystem is built on the basis of Microsoft SQL Server: Analysis Services and market environment dynamics analysis, related to: product lines and time, in partner networks section, presented in a table and a graphical view.
Microsoft Office Excel, as a client-end portion of the solution, gives a possibility to manipulate data by filtering and grouping them in the required context.
The implemented system became a useful tool for regional representatives, as well as managers carrying out complex analysis and making decisions on the basis of received information.
Substantial improvements were recorded in the following directions:
- Information accessibility and data storage safety. Mobile workers can send data directly to the central storage; at the same time, data integrity is guaranteed and the problem of inconsistency of collected information is eliminated. Furthermore, there is no need for the central office workers to process and consolidate received data manually. Security management in the central storage is provided by Microsoft Active Directory®, which gives compartment users’ access to the information on different levels.
- Centralized catalogue maintenance helps save mobile workers’ time; updating the catalogues is now available via the Internet from any location.
- Work simplicity and substantial time saving. The usage of Microsoft Office Access tools allowed designing the client application with easy information insertion. The input forms are intended for work with laptops, which means that users can effectively work with either a keyboard and a mouse or a stylus. As a result, the total time of information collection, compilation, analysis, and delivery to the central office remarkably decreased.
- Integration and implementation simplicity. A possibility to use customary applications Microsoft Office Excel and Microsoft Office Access noticeably simplified users’ comprehension of the new system and accelerated its implementation. Moreover, both applications can be easily integrated with Microsoft SQL Server, which considerably lowered the system’s development costs.
- MS SQL Integration Services
- MS SQL Reporting Services
- MS Office Excel ServicesData Analytics