Episode 47 | How to Find Your Legacy as a Leader,
with Dr. John Izzo, Author of The Purpose Revolution
We’re back with another “Culture Builder” edition of the podcast, where we focus on how to build great teams and become the leader your brand needs to reach that next level.
Our guest this week is Dr. John Izzo, author of six bestselling books, most recently releasing The Purpose Revolution, a manual to show leaders and companies how to transform their corporate culture so they can succeed in the midst of this Purpose Revolution.
Dr. Izzo has been a pioneer in creating thriving businesses for over twenty years, focused on the topics of employee engagement and social responsibility. He’s spoken to over one million people, advised over 500 companies and helped some of the world’s most admired companies.
We jump right into a conversation around the journey of humanity, exploring how humans can step into their highest possibilities. What does that look like? Izzo calls out three major shifts: our relationship to the planet, our relationship to each other and lastly to the economy.
Doing good is good business and is more fulfilling for leaders and employees. Citing a Harvard study, Izzo explains that when asked if activating purpose and social good within their company would make a big difference, 85% of CEOs said yes.
Expanding, he calls out that customers only rate 6% of brands as acting on purpose. This is a major opportunity for brands to increase customer attitudes and gain a competitive edge.
In this episode, learn how to embed purpose and social good in your company and ignite a revolution.
- The Purpose Revolution
- The Five Thieves of Happiness
- Stepping Up: How Taking Responsibility Changes Everything
- The Five Secrets You Must Discover Before You Die
- Values Shift: Recruiting and Engaging the Multigenerational Workforce
- Second Innocence: Rediscovering Joy and Wonder: A Guide to Renewal in Work, Relationships, and Daily Life
- Awakening Corporate Soul: Four Paths to Unleash the Power of People at Work
- Dr. John Izzo
- Amy Wrzesniewski, Yale School of Management
- A Walk by Rainer Maria Rilke
Brand Builder is a co-production of SnackNation and ForceBrands.
The post Episode 47 | How to Find Your Legacy as a Leader with Dr. John Izzo, Author of The Purpose Revolution appeared first on SnackNation.