TikTok has been surging in popularity, recently surpassing platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, and Snapchat in monthly App Store installs and Q4 2018 worldwide downloads. What some see as simply another looping, short-form video-sharing app is actually far more than that. Tiktok has been enticing and captivating consumers who have a propensity for binge-watching video content.
But don’t just take our word for it. Download the app for yourself, and see if you too don’t fall into a rabbit hole of lip-syncs, dances, and skits.
1. TikTok Was The Most Downloaded app in Apple App Store Q1 2018
TikTok was the most downloaded non-game app in the Apple App Store globally in the first quarter of 2018, reaching 45.8 million downloads.
2. TikTok Was The Sixth Most Downloaded App in the World Q1 2018
When you combine downloads from both the Apple App Store and Google Play, TikTok was the sixth most downloaded app in the world in the first quarter of 2018. Even more impressively TikTok garnered 800M downloads across iOS and Android in 2018.
3. There are over 500 Million Active Users Worldwide on TikTok
It can be easy to forget the size of some of the less traditional markets. The original TikTok / Douyin app hit 500 million global monthly active users in mid-2018, thanks mainly to China’s social media video craze. This places TikTok 9th in terms of social network sites, ahead of better-known networks like Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, and Snapchat.
4. TikTok Boasts a 29% Engagement Rate
TikTok’s engagement rate of 29% is low for a social network. This is well behind Facebook’s 96%, Instagram’s 95%, Snapchat’s 95%, and YouTube’s 95%. Apptopia measures engagement as being the portion of monthly users who open an app every day.
5. TikTok Is Available In 75 Languages
TikTok has truly entered the international stage and is now available in 75 languages.
6. 28.56% Of Those Who Downloaded TikTok Use The App Daily
28.56% of the people who have downloaded the TikTok app use the app daily.
7. 41% Users On TikTok are between the ages of 16-24
TikTok’s user base still very closely matches that of Muaical.ly. Most of its users are young, with 41% aged between 16 and 24.
8. There are over 1,000,000 Estimated Daily Page Views on TikTok
TikTok’s website reached the milestone of 1,000,000 estimated daily page views on Jan 5, 2019.
9. 80% of TikTok Downloads came from Android Devices
Echoing Android’s smartphone market dominance, 80% of the TikTok downloads have been made to Android devices.
10. 42% of TikTok Revenue comes from the USA
42% of all TikTok revenue now comes from the USA.
11. There has been over $50 million dollars spent on TikTok
Customers have now spent $50 million on TikTok purchases.
12. 53% of TikTok Users Uploaded a Video in the Last Month
53% of engaged TikTok users claim to have uploaded a video in the last month.
13. TikTok Takes in over $1.4 Million in Estimated Monthly Earnings
Analysts estimate that TikTok earns over $1.4 million per month.
14. TikTok Was The Most Downloaded App on Google Play in November 2018
In November 2018 (after the Musical.ly merger) TikTok finally took the coveted #1 position in the Google Play Store in the USA, with 2.78 million downloads.
15. TikTok took 200 Days to Develop
It took 200 days for the Chinese development team to create the original version of Douyin / TikTok.
READY TO GET STARTED WITH INFLUENCER MARKETING ON TIKTOK?
The post 15 TikTok Statistics for Influencer Marketing Managers appeared first on Viral Nation.
This post first appeared on Influencer Talent & Marketing Agency | Social Infl, please read the originial post: here