Apartment dwellers deserve pretty walls too. Thankfully, the last few years have seen a whole world of creative temp decor come into fruition. There are made-to-order temporary Wall paper companies, creative temp decals, and even some DIY hacks that are easy enough for any renter to create the interior design of their dreams.
The best thing about these design hacks: you can seriously crank up the style in your apartment without jeopardizing your security deposit when you move out!
Here are 3 ways to decorate with temporary wall solutions:
Temporary Wallpaper Companies
Decals are another way to achieve that wallpaper look without all the – well – wallpaper. Wall decals made their claim to fame with adorable children’s designs that parents could simply peel-and-stick on their kiddo’s bedroom walls. These days, however, wall decals are for grown ups too! There are modern designs, bold colors, eclectic patterns and even classic florals you can use to completely change the look of your bare walls. Plus, using decals gives you more creative freedom when it comes to placement and precision.
DIY Removable Wallpaper
Last but not least, there’s the nifty DIY Removable Wallpaper Hack that every renter should know. This trick is especially handy for renters on a tight budget, as all you need is some normal, old-fashioned wall paper, some painters Tape, some double-sided tape and a yard stick. Gather your supplies and your favorite pattern of wallpaper, then follow these 5 easy steps:
- Use the painter’s tape to create a grid pattern on the wall. It doesn’t have to be exact, but the grid lines should run less than 2 feet apart to ensure plenty of adhesive backing on the wall.
- Put double-sided tape on the painter’s tape. The painter’s tape will protect your walls from damage when it comes time to remove, and the double-sided tape will provide plenty of strong adhesive to hold the wallpaper up.
- Measure the wall and cut the wallpaper to size.
- Carefully position the first strip of wallpaper onto the wall, smoothing it out as you go.
- Trim it up: use a razor blade and a yardstick to trim straight edges along the sides of the wallpaper. Add additional painter’s tape and double-sided tape to any edges that noticeably pop up from the wall.
Whether you’re in desperate need of a complete home makeover, or just want to add an artistic accent wall, these three decorating tricks will allow any renter to re-do their interior design with little fuss or funding. All it takes is a little research and creativity, and you’ll be able to banish boring bare walls from your apartment in no time.
This post first appeared on The Zumper Blog | Rental Market Trends, Real Estat, please read the originial post: here