The Ontario Science Centre has launched something incredibly exciting for all those kids (and big kids) out there full of big ideas for the next best invention. The Inventorium is happening now at the Ontario Science Centre until May 6th 2018.
What is the Inventorium?
The Inventorium is a hands-on learning space for all the future inventors out there. The Inventorium mixes art and design with science, technology, engineering and match (STEM). People of all ages, especially kids, have the opportunity to combine, create and collaborate to get them thinking and help develop skills to be the next best inventor.
What’s happening at the Inventorium?
There’s ton of exciting, innovative activities at the Inventorium, here are just some of the things you can get involved in:
- Learn simple logic sequences with a basic bot, programming an Arduino controller, and exploring virtual reality
- Add your data to real research studies through play-based interactions for kid inventors aged 6-16
- Perfect your problem-solving skills by creating a chain reaction machine from scratch
- Learn how laser beams etch and cut digital designs into surfaces
- Build a robot with movable parts and take it home with you
- Set your imagination wild by thinking up your own robot and you may just see it featured in a Little Inventor exhibition
- Take home something from The Gorilla Store to bring the Inventorium home with you and the whole family
The Inventorium can be visited until May 6th at the Ontario Science Centre located in North York. The Inventorium was designed and developed in-house by scientists, designers, writers and craftspeople and mixes together a fantastic educational experience to help inspired kids with brilliant invention ideas.
Article Author: MAKO Design + Invent
MAKO Design + Invent is a full-service consumer product development firm servicing both high-growth corporate manufacturers and invention startups. With a 25-person team across 3 offices (Austin, England, Toronto), MAKO has complete in-house industrial design, mechanical engineering, and electrical engineering design and prototyping services. To assist our start-up inventor clients, we also have a subsidiary branch called Mako Invent that, in addition to above, helps start-ups with patenting, strategy, marketing, and sales/distribution for all consumer product categories. For our corporate clients, MAKO Design develops world-class consumer electronics designs through our industrial, mechanical, and electrical design teams.
For Enterprise & Manufacturers
Click below to find out more about our full suite of in-house industrial, mechanical, and electrical design and engineering services tailored to established electronic product development companies.
For Inventors & Startups
Have an invention idea? We have developed hundreds of products for startups in addition to providing end-to-end solutions to get our inventor clients from Idea to Stores Shelves! We are here to help.
Ready for MAKO to turn YOUR product idea into a MARKET SUCCESS?
The post The Ontario Science Centre Inventorium appeared first on MAKO Design + Invent.