If you work with Administrative professionals, giving administrative assistant gifts regularly is great for your business. Showing appreciation with gift ideas administrative assistants get is valuable because:
- It keeps admins motivated to perform at a high level
- It shows your entire team how important the work admins do is
- It helps increase loyalty, retention, and positive sentiment for your business
If you want to truly make gifts for administrative professionals effective, timing and quality are key. Use these five techniques to make the best gifts for administrative assistant professionals even better.
1. Be Specific
Giving an admin assistant gift without context is not as meaningful as pointing out a distinct reason why you are giving a token of Recognition. Being specific with an award or gift is important because:
- It shows your admin professions you’re paying attention
- It reminds them that the performance that is being rewarded is good to repeat in the future
- It motivates them to continue their strong performance
You can be specific with recognition by giving examples of what the administrative professional did while you are making a speech before the award, or by writing down your thoughts in a handwritten note that the admin can read. The administrative professional will realize that their actions directly positively impact your business.
2. Be Prompt
To reinforce awesome behaviors through recognition and gift ideas administrative assistant professionals will appreciate, reward the desired behavior as quickly as possible after it is completed. Prompt recognition provides the following benefits:
- The closer recognition is to the desired behavior, the easier it is for employees to associate the behavior with a positive outcome
- Prompt recognition means the positive behavior can more easily be remembered and ingrained, compared to delayed recognition that diminishes the memory of the behavior
- You show you’re paying attention, and that diligent effort makes an immediate impact that deserves thanks
Even if you plan on recognizing an administrative professional at a planned event, such as at an annual awards ceremony later on, positively reinforcing behaviors as soon as possible helps maintain momentum for performance at a high level.
3. Be Public
Not all employees enjoy being lauded at large and extravagant award ceremonies, but there are plenty of ways to publicly recognize admin professionals and ensure their comfort. Public recognition in some form is meaningful because:
- It alerts team members to the great work of the administrative professional
- It can make the recognition more special to the person who is being recognized and make them feel more valuable to the organization
- It shows others in your business that you notice and appreciate hard work
If you know an administrative professional would not enjoy a flashy show of gratitude, you could still alert others in the company to the recognition by sharing a message through email or in a company message board. You can also show recognition in a smaller team meeting or outing.
4. Be Authentic
There are many ways to convey authenticity and genuineness when giving recognition. You and the employee you are recognizing are human beings with layered emotions. Avoid giving recognition that seems like you’re doing it just to have done it by using these techniques:
- Use the person’s name during a recognition speech, or display it on an award or within a handwritten note
- Express how the work they do impacts your job or how you’ve seen it positively affect their coworkers
- Present the recognition in a way the employee appreciates, so you show that you value their feelings
If you’re speaking words of recognition to the administrative professional, look them in the eye as you speak, and shake their hand when you present them with an award to strengthen your bond and meaning of the recognition. If you’re presenting recognition in written form, show the recipient respect by using their name and clearly explaining the recognition through vivid details.
5. Be Thoughtful
Make whatever administrative assistant gift you give more meaningful by choosing something you know the administrative assistant will really appreciate. Some ideas include:
- If you know the admin is a busy parent, a tote gift bag set provides them with plenty of goodies they can use every day
- If an admin is a coffee fan or is always sipping water to stay hydrated, drinkware with an inspirational message can upgrade their beverage
- For admins who love reading, a business-focused or motivational book is a thoughtful gift
In addition to personalizing a gift to make it more special for the recipient, taking the time to browse gifts and choose one that speaks to the interests of the admin professional will make them enjoy it even more.
Shop Gifts for Administrative Professionals Now
Now that you know how to make gift-giving more effective, it’s time to choose high-quality gift ideas administrative assistant professionals will treasure. Shop some of the most popular administrative assistant gifts from Successories now.