Anyone who decides to implement a new e-procurement solution must ask in advance: What has hindered us so far from special successes? Which elements can support transformations? What can we learn from others? The following checklist, divided into action segments, helps in determining your position and future planning.
e-Procurement Strategy 4.0
- How do we define Purchasing 4.0 and Industry 4.0 in the company?
- How far are we? Theory or practice first?
- Will purchasing be integrated in Industry 4.0 rounds?
- Do we have an explicitly formulated purchasing strategy? If so, how concrete is this really?
- Do we know in purchasing where we want to stand in two, five and ten years?
- Can we transparently communicate and operationalize the goals?
- How can we ensure strategy compliant purchasing?
- Do we know all the risks or do we have professional risk management?
- How do we ensure compliance, legal and delivery security?
- How do we address the skills development of employees?
- How do we implement change management?
- What are our strengths and weaknesses?
- Do we know how to make it easier for employees to procure goods and services and significantly increase user acceptance?
- How do we create transparency and more efficiency reducing manual tasks?
- How do we get transparency about the development of savings and potentials?
- How do we significantly reduce the high Buying Rate?
- What next steps do we need to focus to make significant progress?
- How do we create a roll out in all units / countries?
- Are we communicating success in a comprehensible and clear way?
- How can we control our procurement channels in real time?
- Which KPIs do we use to measure success?
- Can we immediately create regular standard reports?
- How do we regulate the collection of master data?
- Have we anchored mobile friendly software?
- Does our system provide coordinated recommendations for action?
- Can we easily activate RFQs, tenders and auctions?
- Do we have user guidance in the system?
- How many suppliers do we have?
- How many of our business partners are electronically connected?
- Which forms of supplier connection do we use?
- How do we deal with desired suppliers whom we would like to connect (technically and commercially)?
- How do we get access to thousands of suppliers and assortments in a short time?
- How can we most easily consolidate and bundle suppliers and product ranges?
- How do we realize an inquiry?
Anyone who is currently in the process of professionalizing their e-Procurement activities is not well advised to merely improve. Upcoming tasks and requirements must be anticipated and analyzed, always in close cooperation with service providers who must configure user-friendly innovative.
The biggest challenge is the adaptability and competence development of the employees. Here, it is important to invest sustainably. So, create a Road-map for Purchasing 4.0. Stay flexible at all times and keep optimizing your map.