“Middle East Cleantech Energy Market by Technology (Solar PV, Solar CSP, Wind, Hydropower) and by EPC Market Outlook to 2021” provides a comprehensive analysis of Middle East Cleantech Energy Market. The report focuses on overall market size for by installed capacity, segmentation on the basis of type of energy source (hydro, solar, wind and others), detailed analysis of hydro, solar and wind energy market is Middle East covering the market size by installed capacity, EPC market size, completed and future projects. The report also covers detailed analysis of major emerging countries (Saudi Arabia, Egypt and Jordan) and snapshot on other countries in the region (Qatar, Kuwait, Israel, Turkey, Iran, Iraq, Bahrain, Cyprus, Lebanon), growth drivers, rules and regulations. The report further includes market projection for future and analyst recommendations highlighting the major opportunities and cautions.
The Middle East cleantech energy market witnessed a five year CAGR of ~% during 2011-2016. In 2012, an estimated ~ MW of cleantech energy power plants were installed. Majority of the development took place in hydro energy segment which contributed ~ MW. Many countries in the Middle East region recovered from the ongoing protests and have shown significant interest in diversifying their energy mix by expanding in the renewable energy sector. Falling solar panel prices propelled the growth in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia and Jordan where solar power has started gaining momentum. Many countries have announced very ambitious plans to develop their solar energy potential after Paris agreement on climate change was introduced in 2016.
The size of EPC market is dependent on the new projects coming in the following years and projects which are completed in that particular year. In 2016, the EPC market in Middle East region was estimated at USD ~ Billion with majority of the contribution coming from wind energy (~%).
Hydro Power: Only two major countries (Iran and Turkey) are still developing their hydro power sector. They have well developed hydro electric power stations. Hydropower in Middle East region registered a five year CAGR of ~% in 2011-2016. However share of hydropower is on decline in overall cleantech energy market as solar and wind energy installation gain momentum.
Wind Energy: Most of the Middle East countries have sea borders making them ideal for wind energy generation. Global leaders such as Vestas and Siemens have shown deep interest in developing the wind energy in the region. Turkey was the largest player in the wind energy segment in the region constituting ~% of the total cumulative installed capacity in the wind energy segment.
Solar power: Solar power projects are the latest additions to the cleantech energy segment in the region. Many global players in US and China have stepped up their investment in Middle East region to tap the growing market for solar power generation considering their geographical location and the commitment of the government to increase the share of solar power in their energy mix. In 2016, solar power contributed ~% of the cleantech energy installed capacity which amounted to ~ MW.
Saudi Arabia Cleantech Energy Market
The EPC market size of solar energy market in the year 2016 was USD ~ million. The market of EPC for solar segment grew at a CAGR of ~% from 2011 to 2016.
Some of the companies operating in this segment are Marubeni Corporation, Mitsui & Company, Saudi ACWA Power, GTek Solar, Saudi Aramco, Suntech Power Holdings Company, Millennium Industries and many more. Key EPC companies which have shown interest in developing the clean energy market include Abu Dhabi Future Energy Company (Masdar), GE, Marubeni Corporation, Mitsui & Co., JGC Corp, SNC Lavalin Arabia and Iberdrola Renovables Energia.
The total value of EPC market of wind energy market in 2017 is estimated to be USD ~ million and in 2019, the value of EPC will be around USD ~ million. The major projects coming in this sector are of Midyan Wind energy project and Saudi Aramco’s wind turbine project. Market for solar energy in Saudi Arabia is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~% during the period of 2017-2019.
Jordan Cleantech Energy Market
The market size of cleantech energy market in the year 2011 was ~ MW and it grew by more than 29 times by 2016. The market size for cleantech energy segment stood ~ MW in 2016. The EPC market for solar sector doubled from 2015 to 2016. The size of EPC market in the year 2016 was USD ~ million. The value of wind energy EPC market during 2016 was USD ~ million registering a growth of approximately ~% in the value of EPC during 2014-2016.
Some key companies active on Jordan cleantech energy market include Scatec, Masdar, ACWA power, Mustakbal, Arc Solar Renewable Energy, Eta Max, Idea Solar Energy Company, June technologies and many others. The major EPC players in the country which were active during 2014-2016 were Masdar, Eleclnor, InfraMed and many more.
Egypt Cleantech Energy Market
Wind Energy was the major contributor to the sector with ~% market share. The market size based on cumulative installed capacity increased to ~ MW at the end of 2016. Wind energy was largely generated from Zafarana and Gabal El Zayet wind farm. EPC players in Egypt solar energy are mainly involved in developing commercial scale rooftops and small scale utility solar power plants generating revenue of estimated USD ~ million in 2016. The market for EPC was estimated at USD ~ million in 2016 which has increased by more than double compared to the revenue generated in 2015.
Market for Egypt cleantech energy is dominated by international players which include Siemens, Vestas, Sterling and Wilson, Masdar, and Major Chinese companies. Domestic companies are generally engaged to develop the civil mechanical and other related infrastructure. These mainly include Elsewedy, Rowad, Egytrans and others. Market for small scale rooftop installation was also dominated by domestic players who execute the installation and construction work. Some key players operating in rooftop solar panel installation are Cairo solar, Sunprism and others.
Future Outlook: Middle East cleantech energy sector will continue to register positive growth due to increasing demand for energy and increased focus of government to conserve the environment. By the end of 2021 it is expected that contribution of hydropower in overall cleantech energy segment will decrease to ~% from ~% in 2016. Many countries in the Middle East region are developing their desalination units using CSP technology. This will give boost to the solar energy market in the region. It is expected that total installed capacity at the end of 2021 will reach an estimated ~ MW with hydropower contributing ~ MW. Wind will be second largest contributor with ~ MW.
EPC market for cleantech energy will be at its peak in 2019 when it is estimated to generate USD ~ billion. Wind energy segment which initially had been concentrated in Turkey is expected to increase its presence in Egypt and Jordan. Many large scale projects are due to be completed in Egypt and Jordan which will add revenue for EPC market in these countries. Countries have made it by regulation that certain benefits for development of cleantech energy can only be availed by including percentage of domestic content which will boost the local market.
Key Topics Covered in the Report
- Middle East Cleantech Energy Market Introduction, Market Size
- Finance Model for Middle East Cleantech Energy Model
- Middle East Cleantech Energy Market Segmentation by Technology of Generation (Hydro, Wind, Solar, and Others)
- Middle East Cleantech Energy EPC Market Size
- Detailed Country Profile of Egypt
- Egypt Cleantech Energy Market Introduction, Market Size, and Market Segmentation
- Egypt Solar Energy Market Size and Market Segmentation
- Egypt Solar Rooftop Panel Scenario
- Egypt Solar Energy EPC Market Size and Future Projection
- Egypt Solar Energy Market Size Future Projection by Installed Capacity
- List of Major Solar Energy Projects in Egypt
- Egypt Wind Energy Market Size
- Egypt Wind Energy EPC Market Size and Future Outlook
- Future Outlook to Wind Energy market in Egypt
- List of Major Wind Energy Projects in Egypt
- Competitive landscape of major players in Egypt Cleantech Energy market
- Issues and challenges to Egypt Cleantech Energy Market
- Future Outlook to Egypt Cleantech Energy Market
- Detailed Country Profile of Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia Cleantech Energy Market Introduction, Market Size, and Market Segmentation
- Saudi Arabia Solar Energy Market Size and Market Segmentation
- Saudi Arabia Solar Rooftop Panel Scenario
- Saudi Arabia Solar Energy EPC Market Size and Future Projection
- Saudi Arabia Solar Energy Market Size Future Projection by Installed Capacity
- Saudi Arabia Wind Energy Market Introduction
- Saudi Arabia Wind Energy EPC Future Outlook
- Saudi Arabia Wind Energy Market Size Future Projection by Installed Capacity
- Competitive landscape of major players in Saudi Arabia Cleantech Energy market
- Trends and Developments in Saudi Arabia Cleantech Energy Market
- Issues and challenges in Saudi Arabia Cleantech Energy Market
- SWOT Analysis of Saudi Arabia Cleantech Energy Market
- Detailed Country Profile of Jordan
- Jordan Cleantech Energy Market Introduction, Market Size, and Market Segmentation
- Jordan Solar Energy Market Size and Market Segmentation
- Jordan Solar Rooftop Panel Scenario
- Jordan Solar Energy EPC Market Size and Future Projection
- Jordan Solar Energy Market Size Future Projection by Installed Capacity
- Jordan Wind Energy Market Introduction
- Jordan Wind Energy EPC Future Outlook
- Jordan Wind Energy Market Size Future Projection by Installed Capacity
- Competitive landscape of major players in Jordan Cleantech Energy market
- Trends and Developments in Jordan Cleantech Energy Market
- SWOT Analysis of Jordan Cleantech Energy Market.
- Snapshot on Major Countries in the Region (Iran, Turkey, Lebanon, Cyprus, Bahrain, Iraq and Others)
- Trends and Developments
- Middle East Cleantech Energy Future Outlook
- Analyst Recommendation
Ankur Gupta, Head Marketing & Communications
ankur [@] kenresearch.com
This post first appeared on Research News Today: Press Release Submission Site, India Global, please read the originial post: here