|Chocolate-Avocado-Chia-Banana Pudding Parfait|
Spent some time in the garden prepping the soil for planting and needed a bit of a treat for the hard dirty work (ha) so decided to try this lovely chocolate chia pudding recipe. Then, to amp it up a little for people who love banana cream-chocolate parfait or pie, I decided to add a few layers of really ripe banana. Hope you like it as much as I do!
Makes about 4 Parfaits
4 T. Chia Seeds
1 C. Almond Milk (or other non-dairy milk of choice)
Flesh of 2 Ripe Avocados
4 T. Organic Cocoa Powder (or Raw Cacao Powder)
4-6 T. Maple Syrup
1/8 tsp. Cinnamon
1 Ripe Organic Banana
- Assemble ingredients and measure out in advance (or, if less OCD than I, skip this step)
- Stir chia seeds and almond milk together in the canister of your blender. Let sit 20 minutes.
- Add other ingredients (except the Banana) and blend until silky smooth
- Layer Banana and chocolate-chia pudding and garnish with fruit, nuts, or lemon balm (or other mint) leaves.
- Eat or chill in fridge for a couple of hours.