8Asians and Stone Bridge Press are teaming up to give away two copies of Jeanette Arakawa’s The Little Exile.
It’s the story of a Japanese American middle school girl sent to an internment camp during World War II.
As Koji put it a few weeks ago in his review:
The novel is a must read for anyone interested in what it was like in the time after Pearl Harbor for Japanese Americans to what life was like in “camp” and then in the time after they were released. It gives us a peak into the racism and the hate Japanese Americans had to endure during those years—but also the small acts of kindness that they also experienced too. These kinds of stories are important. Not only because they remember the past and tell us the facts, but also because they are able to put a face and a name to what happened—a historical tragedy.
Ok, ok… you want a chance to win? Read on!
How do you enter?
- Retweet the giveaway on Twitter or share it on Facebook! Make sure to include #8Asians and #TheLittleExile
- Like the Stone Bridge Press Facebook page!
- Like the 8Asians Facebook page! (Because you love us!)
- Two (2) winners will each receive 1 copy of The Little Exile (retail value $14.95)
- Hurry, this contest closes Tuesday, June 20, 2017 at 12:00 noon Pacific Time!
- One entry per person, please. Open to U.S. residents only
- Can I enter more than once? No! Why you being so greedy?!
Rules for entering:
1) U.S. entrants only. (Sorry to our Canadian and overseas friends!)
2) Contributors to 8Asians and their immediate family members are not eligible to win.
3) Prizes are fulfilled by a third-party; 8Asians is not responsible for any lost or misdirected prizes.