One of the biggest issues anyone faces when choosing an Android phone is the number of updates their device will receive. Will they get one generation of major versions of the OS? Will they receive two or even three generations?
Samsung recently had its Galaxy Unpacked event, and the company announced that many of its new devices will get three generations of updates. However, it was a bit confusing which devices would get three years and which wouldn’t. Fortunately, Samsung posted on its newsroom clearing up the issue.
Which Phones Will Get 3 Generations of Updates?
If you buy a new Samsung phone in 2020, you should be good to go as far as updates are concerned.
Here’s the complete list of devices:
- Galaxy S20 series: Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G, S20 Ultra, S20+ 5G, S20+, S20 5G, and S20
- Galaxy S10 series: Galaxy S10 5G, S10+, S10, S10e, S10 Lite
- Upcoming S series devices
- Current Note 20 series: Galaxy Note 20 Ultra 5G, Note 20 Ultra, Note 20 5G, and Note 20
- Note 10 series: Note 10+ 5G, Note10+, Note 10 5G, Note 10, and Note 10 Lite
- Foldable devices: Galaxy Z Fold 2 5G, Z Fold 2, Z Flip 5G, Z Flip, Fold 5G, and Fold
- Upcoming Z series devices
- Galaxy A series: Galaxy A71 5G, A71, A51 5G, A51, and A90 5G
- Select upcoming A series devices
- Tablets: Galaxy Tab S7+ 5G, Tab S7+, Tab S7 5G, Tab S7, Tab S6 5G, Tab S6, and Tab S6 Lite
- Upcoming Tab S series devices
If you own one of those devices, or you plan to, then you’re all set for three major Android updates. That applies to tablets and phones.
If you’re in the market for an affordable phone, make sure to do some research before you purchase an A Series phone, as some of them won’t get three generations of updates.
Not a Fan of Bixby on Your Samsung Device?
Samsung’s personal assistant is rather divisive. Some people love it, and some hate it. If you’re not a fan of Bixby on your Samsung device, check out this handy guide that’ll show you how to disable Bixby.
Read the full article: Samsung Reveals Which Devices Will Get 3 Major Updates