All sorts of apps and services want you to sign up for a subscription. It’s convenient to do so through your iPhone, but it’s also easy to forget about these Subscriptions and waste money. This is especially true if you signed up for a free trial and forgot to cancel.
Thankfully, you can easily check the status of all subscriptions tied to your Apple ID on your iPhone, iPad, Mac, or PC.
How to View Apple Subscriptions on iPhone or iPad
- Open Settings.
- Tap [Your Name] at the top of the list.
- On the resulting Apple ID menu, tap iTunes & App Store.
- You’ll see an entry labeled Apple ID followed by your email address at the top. Tap it and choose View Apple ID in the resulting popup.
- Here, you may need to confirm your password or authenticate via Touch ID.
- Finally, tap Subscriptions and you’ll see everything you’ve subscribed to. Tap an option to change your subscription type (if applicable) or cancel it.
Note: If you subscribe to third-party services (such as YouTube Red, Netflix, or Spotify) through an iPhone app, you will pay about 30 percent more than the subscription actually costs. This is due to Apple taking a cut of all in-app purchases made through iPhone apps.
You should avoid this unnecessary and ridiculous upcharge by subscribing through the service’s website.
How to View Apple Subscriptions on Mac or Windows
- Open iTunes and sign in if you aren’t already.
- Choose Account > View My Account from the menu bar.
- Confirm your account if needed, then choose View Account.
- Next, scroll to Settings, and look for Subscriptions. Click Manage next to this.
- Here, you can click Edit to change a subscription’s settings or cancel it.
Subscriptions are an easy way to keep a service active, but they add up. Make sure you stay on top of your subscriptions to save money.