17-year old Marques Chacon leads his twin brother Matthew at the top of Snake Hill during last year’s Cove to Clover Race. Marques went on to win the race with a time of 18:12. Photo by Scott Schaefer.
The annual, all-local, grassroots fundraiser ‘Cove to Clover‘ is set to run – and crawl – its way through the Normandy Park/Burien area the weekend of March 11-13, with the big race set for Sunday, March 13.
REGISTER ONLINE FOR ALL EVENTS HERE!
The Cove to Clover is 501(c)(3) non-profit. While organizers make targeted donations to other local charities, their primary mission is:
“Developing stewardship, character and grit throuch challenging outdoor expeiences in all youth”
This event includes:
- 5K race
- Wee Race for Kids
- Team Contest
- School Programs
- Pub Crawl
- Volunteer Opportunities
NOTE: The ‘Grit Found Challenge’ had to be cancelled due to the fact that obstacles ordered from an overseas supplier will not arrive in time for the race.
“Look for Grit Found Challenge in the future!”
Race Date: Sunday, March 13
Race Start Time: 12 Noon
Start Line: Normandy Park Community Club (beach parking lot)
Finish Line: Burien Masonic Lodge (Olde Burien)
Race Day Reg/Packet Pickup: Burien Masonic Lodge (9:30-11:30 am)
Pre-Packet Pickup: Burien Masonic Lodge (Sat 1-4 pm)
Free Shuttle: Burien Masonic Lodge to 5K Start Line (Sun 10-11:30 am)
REGISTER ONLINE HERE
Map: RUNNER’S GUIDE MAP (PDF)
Here’s a map of the finish line area (click image to see larger version):
PUB CRAWL IS FRIDAY, MARCH 11
Also, the annual Pub Crawl is set for Friday night, March 11, starting at Pit Stop Bottle Shop (216 SW 153rd Street), with registration from 5-8 p.m.
Crawlers will collect “words” at official stops, with the goal of solving the secret phrase to qualify for a Door Prize Drawing (no purchase required at any stops, so even non-drinkers can participate).
Cost is $10 if you pre-register, or $20 the day of the crawl.
- Official Custom Crawler Bib #
- Drink/Food specials
- Door Prize drawing entry for successfully completing challenge
- Fun Crawl Challenges (mild physical and brain teasers)
- That fuzzy feeling you get when you drink for charity!
- Registration/packet pickup 5-8 pm at Pit Stop Bottle Shop (Crawl Central)
- Located at 216 SW 153rd St, Burien, WA 98166
- Collect “words” at official stops (solve secret phrase to qualify for door prize drawing)
- no purchase required to collect a word from at official stop
- Enjoy crawler only, drink and food specials and entertainment
- Return to the Pit Stop Bottle Shop by 11 pm for door prize drawing
- Drink Responsibly! PLEASE DON’T DRINK AND DRIVE!
All proceeds from the pub crawl directly benefit Cove to Clover charity programs.
Participating pubs include:
This post first appeared on The Waterland Blog | Local News, Events, Arts & Mo, please read the originial post: here