A process to select new materials for K-12 Language Arts launched last fall in Highline Public Schools, and Volunteers are needed to join the district’s Language Arts Adoption Committee.
The timeline to join has been extended due to last spring’s unanticipated school closure.
Highline seeks to have a full range of voices in the adoption process and is re-opening the application to re-fill positions for community members, family and students.
“Please consider joining the committee and sharing your voice in the process.”
Elementary and secondary adoption teams have identified final materials to pilot this fall. On the committee you will…
- Help develop a plan for community feedback & refine implementation support
- Review the materials for Anti-Bias with Highline’s commitment to intentional and systemic anti-racism practices
- Gather and review community feedback from students and teachers participating in the pilot
- Recommend a curriculum for adoption to the board
The committee plans to recommend curriculum to the board as early as January 2021. This timing will still support purchase of materials, and planning for the 2021-22 school year.
All community, staff, families and students will have the opportunity to review the materials under consideration and provide feedback.
The committee meets about every two weeks for an hour and a half through Zoom. Interpretation will be available as needed. Submit your interest through the link below by September 30 at 5:00 p.m.
- Language Arts Adoption Community Interest Form – English
- Language Arts Adoption Community Interest Form – Spanish
Learn more about the Instructional Material Selection Process.