Quickly becoming a West Seattle beloved fall event, Harvest Fest will once again bring out the costumed (kids, adults and pets!), the daring (chili cook-off) and musical (parade) and the thirsty (root beer garden) as the West Seattle Junction closes down California Ave for a fantastic fall festival.
This event will be held this Sunday, Oct. 28, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
Join the Facebook Invitation here! Join the Facebook Chili Cook-Off Invitation here!
Check out the festival fun:
- GAMES, CRAFTS AND ACTIVITIES 10 am – 2pm Games and arts activities brought to you many merchants, nonprofits and community groups all along California Ave from SW Alaska St to Edmunds.
- ROOT BEER GARDEN 10 am – 2 pm Yes, it’s true – we’ve got a full root beer garden again this year for people of all ages. Brought to you by The Beer Junction who’ll be serving local root beer topped by a generous scoop of our hometown favorite Husky Deli vanilla ice cream. You be able to slurp up a full 16oz root beer for the low price of $3.50. Find the root beer garden on Alaska St by Easy Street Records.
- APPLEPALOOZA 10 am – 2 pm Brought to you by the West Seattle Farmers Market. Taste and vote for your favorite apples.
- HARVEST FARMERS MARKET 10 am – 2pm Enjoy the bounty of the season at the usual Sunday Farmers Market location between SW Oregon and SW Alaska on California Ave.
- CHILI COOK-OFF 10 am – 1pm See local restaurants go head-to-head at the chili cook-off (located by Key Bank at the all-walk). $10 buys you nine tastings – let your taste buds vote for the favorite! All proceeds goes to the West Seattle Food Bank. Check out the cook-off and buy yourself some chili. See the champion crowned at 1:30 pm. This years competitors are:
- Elliot Bay Brewing
- Husky Deli
- Easy Street Café
- The Westy
- Duos Catering
- Pecos Pit
- Girls Gone BBQ
- The Bridge
- COSTUME PARADE 11:30 am Meet in Junction Plaza Park (SW Alaska and 42nd Ave) for the costume parade led by the West Seattle High School Marching Band and Kawanis motorcyclists. Stop by before the start of the parade for a homemade musical instrument activity.
- TRICK OR TREAT 12 NOON See what treats the Junction merchants and booths have for little hands. Also stop by the INFO BOOTH located at the All-Walk for treats!
- NEW! KIDS PUMPKIN PIE EATING CONTEST 1:30 pm Presented by A la Mode Pies. Sign up at A la Mode Pies for the contest, tons of prizes for first, second and third place. Pie eating contest will be held at the INFO BOOTH located at the All-Walk intersection of California Ave SW and SW Alaska St.
The usual Sunday Farmers Market will take to the streets bringing the fall harvest and more.
The West Seattle Junction is located on California Ave SW near SW Alaska Street: