Over 1,100 people attended Burien’s 13th annual ‘Empty Bowls’ Lunch & Dinner fundraiser last Friday, Jan. 26, and a new record was set – $25,300 was raised!
Last year, this event raised around $21,000 – so for 2018, around 15% more was brought in!
Proceeds will be split and donated to the Highline and White Center Food Banks.
Soup winners were:
- 1st—Azteca: Diablo Shrimp Soup
- 2nd—The Point Liquor and Eats: Potato and Sweet Corn Chowder
- 3rd–Smarty Pants Garage:Tomato Basil Soup
- 1st—Merrill Gardens at Burien: Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- 2nd—Day Star Retirement Living: Chicken Chowder
- 3rd—Burien Nursing Rehabilitation: Black Bean Soup
“Thank you to our wonderful community!”