On the agenda for Monday night’s (Dec. 18) regular Burien City Council meeting: Comprehensive Plan amendments, Transportation Benefit District, some Proclamations and a reception honoring outgoing and new councilmembers.
The Reception Honoring Outgoing councilmembers – which starts at 6:30 p.m. – will conclude with an “Oath of Office” for new and returning ones, with the oath administered by the Honorable David Christie, King County District Court Judge, to Councilmembers-Elect Pedro E. Olguin, Jimmy Matta, Nancy Tosta, and Krystal Marx.
NOTE: The B-Town Blog intends to broadcast the Oath live on our Facebook page here (to get an alert for when we’re live, be sure to “Like” our page).
The regular meeting, which starts at 7 p.m., will cover:
- Proclamation Honoring Military Veterans for Their Dedicated Service to Our Country.
- Proclamation Proclaiming Service-Connected PTSD Awareness Day.
- BUSINESS AGENDA:
- Discussion and Action on Ordinance No. 678 Adopting 2017 Comprehensive Plan Amendments. (Chip Davis, Community Development Director and David Johanson, Senior Planner)
- Staff Presentation of the 2017 Transportation Benefit District Annual Report.(Kim Krause, Finance Director)
- Review of Council Proposed Agenda Schedule. (Maiya Andrews, Acting City Manager)
Download the full Agenda packet here (PDF file).