The Kogi State Community and Social Development Agency (KGCSDA) is recruiting to fill the vacant positions below:
1) Job Title: Driver
Application Deadline: 9th November, 2016.
- To drive Personnel and move goods between and within Communities and within and outside the State.
- Responsible to the Finance and Admin Manager and the General Manager.
- Minimum of first school leaving certificate, secondary school certificate or OND in Automobile Engineering.
- Must have practical working knowledge of the Traffic Code, possess a current driving license of group C, D or E and experience in auto mechanic is essential.
- An accident - free driving experience of not less than two (2) years.
- Possession of driver/mechanic trade test II certificate will be an added advantage.
- Assist in keeping of records, Petty cash and other financial matters that will be assigned from time to time
- Responsible to the Finance and Admin Manager and the General Manager
- Minimum of OND in Accounting, Business Administration or Banking and Finance, with at least two (2) years relevant post qualification experience.
- Knowledge of computer packages is essential.
- Develop an action plan for mainstreaming vulnerable groups and gender sensitive activities in the operation of the State Agency;
- Facilitate the preparation processes of CDP formulation at Community level;
- Assist Project team to incorporate appropriate vulnerable groups (including gender) issues into project activities.
- Assist in organizing training for line Ministries, LGA, LGRG and Operations Officers in mainstreaming vulnerable and gender issues into development activities; liaise with the Desk Officers in line Ministries to identify mechanism for incorporating vulnerable and gender issues into their programmes;
- Identify and articulate opportunities for integrating social safety nets in project activities;
- Prepare a quarterly report highlighting emerging issues from projects activities in mainstreaming vulnerable group/gender issues in development activities;
- Provide input to the reparation of quarterly/annual and requisite reports of the operations department;
- Provide inputs to the costed yearly work programmes for the operations department;
- Develop, maintain and disseminate a comprehensive knowledge base on vulnerable group perspectives to promote staff awareness;
- Maintain links with and update knowledge of other relevant agencies programs on mainstreaming vulnerable groups into development agenda;
- Design strategies for the encouragement of the government and its agencies to be more supportive towards the cause of the vulnerable;
- Responsible to the Manager, Operations
- Any other duties assigned by the Manager, Operations and The General Manager.
- Minimum of first Degree in Social Sciences, Natural Resources Sciences, Rural Environmental Development, Agricultural Extension with at least 5 years post qualification experience, part of which must have been spent in CDD related areas.
- Computer literacy, experience in gender/vulnerable mainstreaming and safety nets will be an added advantage.
Application Deadline: 9th November, 2016.
- Responsible for supervising and coordinating the activities of Operations Officers;
- Regular and timely liaison with other Project Officers for deployment of Operations Officers for field level activities;
- Assist in the provision of technical advice on all engineering works e.g construction/rehabilitation of infrastructure, erosion control bands, feeder road construction, environmental management, etc;
- In close liaison with relevant State Ministries, departments, agency(ies) ensure the adoption of state approved standard technical designs for social infrastructure;
- Ensure compliance with state level technical specification/standards for all social infrastructure;
- Prepare budget and work plan for supervision of CDPs and micro-projects contained therein;
- Provide guidance to operations officers designated to undertake supervision;
- Regularly submit monthly supervision reports to the Managers - Operations and M&E;
- Provide specific reports on supervision as may be requested by any of the Managers and the General Manager;
- Assist in organizing training for line Ministries, LGA, LGRC and Operations Officers in social infrastructure operations and maintenance, liaise with relevant state agency for certification for all social infrastructure at completion;
- Directly responsible to the Operations Manager;
- Any other duty(ies) assigned by the Operations Manager and the General Manager.
- A minimum of Degree in Engineering, Architecture, Social and Natural Sciences, with at least Five (5) years experience in design and/or supervision of social infrastructure construction.
- Computer literacy is essential and experience in implementing community level infrastructure is an added advantage.
Candidates should submit 5 copies of hand written letters of expression of interest with 5 copies of detailed CV which must include details biodata, next of kin and relevant work experience to:
The General Manager,
Kogi State Community and Social Development Agency (KGCSDA),
4, Nature's Garden Street,
Ajacent Confluence Beach Hotel,
- The envelop should be clearly marked e.g "Expression of Interest for the position of Account Clerk" and "Do not open before 12:00pm; 9th November, 2016".
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.