The Coca-Cola Company - the world's largest beverage company with more than 500 sparkling and still brands is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: PAC Manager
Job ID: 38008
Job Type: Full Time
Application Deadline: 31st October, 2016.
- This job plays a critical role in stewarding our Company’s most important asset, i.e. our Reputation, and maintaining our social license in the high risk operating environment of Nigeria.
- With responsibility for coordinating Brands PR and IMCR, the Franchise PAC Manager directly impacts the health of our brands and safeguards our assets and assures business continuity through effective risk mitigation and issues management.
- The role also potentially makes significant indirect contribution to the Company’s volume and revenue targets through lobbying against taxes and adverse regulations that impede growth.
- Protect and grow our reputation and social license through building strong community connections and effectively telling our growth and impact story. (15%)
- Lead the industry and build effective lobby against discriminatory taxes and adverse regulations that impede our business (volume and profit) growth. (20%)
- Contribute to our brand health through coordinating effective Brands PR planning, activation and leverage to strengthen consumer connection and grow brand love. (15%)
- Implement high impact community programmes to support our global commitments and promote sustainable development. (20%)
- Engage, energize and inspire our associates through effective internal communication and activations to drive Coca-Cola Ambassadorship. (15%)
- Safeguard the Company’s assets and assure business continuity through effective management of the IMCR process. (10%)
- Build and leverage influence to lead the system PAC and drive alignment and collaboration. (5%)
- Contacts reaching across the Business Unit, Group and Corporate PAC leaders.
- The Presidency - regular contacts with the offices of the President and the Vice President to build and manage relationship that enable access for the Company’s leadership.
- Ministers and Directors of Federal Ministries - engagement on industry and business issues.
- Regulators - build and management relationships influence regulations as appropriate.
- State Governors and Commissioners - engagement on business issues and partnership/collaboration on sustainability initiatives.
- Ambassadors and diplomatic officials - engagement on consular issues, business issues and partnership/collaboration on sustainability initiatives.
- Business/Industry associations - consultations and collaborations on industry issues and collective lobby to influence policies and regulations.
- Media - building and managing relationships
- Supervisory responsibilities over three direct reports, including two full-time associates: Community Affairs Officer and Communications Manager.
- Scope of supervision includes hiring, team leadership, coordination of work assignments, conducting performance reviews, facilitating capability building and development.
- At least 9 years related work experience in Corporate Communications and Public/Government Affairs.
- General knowledge of PAC functions, including Communications, Government Relations, Stakeholder Management, PR and Media Relations.
- Strong leadership skills: ability to think strategically and lead, inspire and motivate employees to deliver results in a team environment.
- Sound knowledge of the operating environment, including analytical understanding of the policy, regulatory and tax systems and cultural norms and how they impact the Company’s business.
- Strong communication and influencing skills: ability to articulate and persuasively communicate facts through the appropriate medium and achieve desired impact on audiences.
- Multi-tasking and balancing immediate and long term goals: ability to prioritize issues and effectively meet strategic and routine deliverables.
- Minimum Bachelor's Degree or equivalent. Post-graduate degree a recommendation
- Although a single-country Franchise, Nigeria’s huge diversity of language (400+), ethnicity (250+) and culture requires sound understanding of the sometimes conflicting cultural realities and observance of the appropriate norms in managing Government or community relations in a particular region or town. The following traits are therefore crucial for the role:
- Valuing Diversity: Acknowledging similarities and differences of others and using this knowledge to work effectively in a diverse team within and outside the Company.
- Acting with Integrity: Maintaining a commitment to honesty; models social, ethical, and organizational values; firmly adhering to the Company’s codes of business conduct.
- Identify, analyse and mitigate risks to Company reputation and business in an environment of increasing uncertainty.
- Sustain effective relationships with key government departments and agencies in Africa’s largest bureaucratic environment characterized by multiple tiers of government, overlapping regulations and frequent changes in personnel and policies.
- Managing media relations in an environment characterized by a proliferation of media houses, weak professionalism adverse competition for news and poor regulatory enforcement.
- Company processes are well defined but sometimes need to be complemented with initiatives that suit peculiar issues and are aligned to Company’s principles and value framework.
- Judgment required to assess political and regulatory environments and advise the business on proactive resolution of issues.
- Annual percentage of time spent on travels varies.
- Nature of trips range from business meetings to events and project inspections within and outside Nigeria.
Candidates should Click here to apply