Action Against Hunger is recruiting to fill the vacant position of:
Job Title: Procurement Officer
- The main objective of this role is to support the Supply Chain Manager in all procurement activities within the ACF Nigeria mission.
- He/she will conduct procurement whilst ensuring full compliance with ACF procedures, liaise with suppliers on daily basis and maintain cordial relationships with them, conduct market assessments, request quotations, evaluate supplier bids and follow up on procurement authorization, delivery schedules and supplier payments.
- Support Logistics Supply Chain, review and prepare all documentation during the procurement process.
- Support line manager in negotiating supplier framework agreements and contracts.
- Supervision of Delivery issues. Reporting.
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration OR Logistics OR Purchasing and Supply.
- Certification in CIPS, Supply or Logistics desirable.
- Min 4 years’ extensive experience in procurement and/or logistics capacity management and coordination, preferably in Humanitarian or development work.
- High level of Integrity and Transparency.
- Excellent people management skills combined with the ability and desire to further develop staff capacity.
- Strong Organization and management skills combined with the ability to coordinate a diverse range of people and responsibilities.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload, using initiative when appropriate and demonstrate good judgement.
- Possess strong analytical, communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Effective multi-tasking skills with ability to coordinate and handle pressure/ stress well.
- Flexible, able to live and work in a stressful and insecure environment.
- Previous experience working for NGOs an asset, particularly international and/or health related NGOs.
- Fluency in one or more National/regional languages an asset.
23rd September, 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candudates should submit their Applications by email to: [email protected]
- To be considered, applications must include a CV and letter of interest, and indicate the full position title and location in the email subject line. For example, a candidate applying for the position of Procurement Officer in Abuja will title the subject as, "Procurement Officer-Abuja".
- Applications will be processed on FIRST COME FIRST SERVED BASIS.
- Applications received without these specifications will not be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Qualified women and men are encouraged to apply.
- Applications sent after the closing date will not be considered