Amazon.com, Inc. (Amazon.com), incorporated on 28 May 1996, for consumers through its retail sites and focus on selection, price and convenience. The Company offers programs that enable sellers to sell their products on its websites and their own branded sites and complete filling orders through them, and programs that enable writers, directors, musicians, application developers and others to publish and sell the content. The Company operates in two segments: North America and International.
- Founded July 5, 1994; 22 years ago (as Cadabra) Seattle, Washington, USA
- Headquarters: Seattle, Washington, U.S.
- Area served Worldwide
- Founder (s): Jeff Bezos
- Employees: 230.800 (December 2015)
- Key people: Jeff Bezos (Chairman, President and CEO), Werner Vogels (CTO)
- Industry: Internet
- Total equity: Increase US $ 13384000000 (2015)
Company : Amazon
Eligibility :Bachelors/Masters Degree
Job Role : Software Development Engineer
Experience :0 – 4 Years
Job Location :Bangalore
Website : www.amazon.com
Amazon.com and its subsidiaries are leaders in the online retail industry, enabling customers worldwide to buy millions of unique items. The advertising team is specifically chartered with responsibility for the marketing of our products and to drive traffic to Amazon to boost sales. As Amazon.com seeks to increase its presence in many countries with different customer behaviors, and as Mobile and tablets explode, one of our biggest challenges is to increase awareness of our product selection and prices to customers in a variety of ways, and to make us the online shopping destination first level, including on mobile devices.
We use various channels of advertising to bring customers to Amazon. One of the main ways of advertising is by placing ads on sites Amazon 3rd party (Editors). We have millions of this type of Publishers in our network, billions of dollars in sales for driving the Amazon. We also use these websites to display ads from other companies, and maintain a share of the revenue of these companies as our decision, as AdSense. We have systems that are able to monitor customer behavior on Amazon.com and other websites, correlate shopping and browsing history on the Internet and reach intelligent advertising campaigns that maximize the benefit of Amazon, advertisers and publishers. We do this by calculating the probability that a customer makes a purchase because of an ad, the cost of showing that ad, and make a decision based on data on what is best publicity to the surface.
In other words, you will be working on products and solutions that allow us to place highly effective ads in a variety of sources Publishing – websites, mobile applications, tablet apps, gaming devices, televisions, etc. which you will be competing in a cutting-edge space with other advertising giants like Google, Yahoo, Facebook and Microsoft with their products, and have a huge impact on the business.
As an SDE working in the advertising team, which will not only be responsible for creative input in algorithms that maximize our advertising revenue, but can also develop in an object-oriented and scalable. The software to design and develop marketing solutions provide highly reliable and low cost to Amazon.com and other advertisers. You have to deal with transaction systems and Web services support thousands of transactions per second.
We are not tied to a single technology. Instead, we use what is best suited for the purpose. All our systems tend to be imprecise, communicating using synchronous and asynchronous messaging, leading to a classic distributed processing architecture. We also work on developing mobile Java SDK and Objective C. We seek talented SDE enjoy working in creative algorithms, construction of large-scale systems and thrive in an environment of fast-paced fun. The Java or C ++ knowledge and object-oriented design is a must, and Perl and SQL are highly desired. Experience working with Linux is a great advantage. Having worked in mobile development would be preferable. If you have worked in web development focuses on mobile form factors, it would be an added advantage.
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related technical discipline is a must.
- Fresher to 4 years of experience in software development
- Candidates must have a solid Computer training.
- Mastering Java or C ++, using object-oriented design
- Strong in data structures, algorithms
- Must show strong ownership, bias for action and sense of product.
- Understanding XML, JS, CSS, HTML, and web application development is desirable.
- Perl, SQL and experience with Linux
- Master of Computer Science or relevant work experience
- You have experience in designing and supporting large-scale distributed systems in a production environment
- Ideal candidates show excellent skills debugging and troubleshooting, with an enthusiastic attitude to support and resolve customer problems
Click here to apply