Directions (Q. 1) : In each of the question below, Four statements are given followed by conclusion/group of conclusions numbered I and II. you have to assume all the statements to be true if they seem to be at variance with commonly known facts and then decide which of the given two conclusions logically follows from the information given in the statements. Give Answer-1. If only Conclusion I follows.
2) If only conclusion II follows.
3) If either conclusion I or conclusion II follows
4) If neither conclusion I nor conclusion II follows.
5) If both conclusion I and II follows.
1. Statements:- i) Some flowers are Petals. ii) No leaf is petal.
iii) Some leaf are plants. iv) All plants are roots.
Conclusion:- I) All petals being root is a possibility.
II) All leaves being flower is a possibility
Direction (Q. 2-6): Study the following information and answer the following questions: J, K, L, M, N, O and P are sitting around a circular table facing the centre. M is not an immediate neighbour of O and is second to the right of N, who is second to the right of K. L is third to the right of P and second to the left of J.
2. Who is second to the left of P ?
1) K 2) L 3) M 4) J 5) N
3. What is the position of O with respect to M ?
1) Third to the right 2) Third to the left 3) Second to the left 4) Second to the right 5)None of these
4. Who is sitting between L and J ?
1) P 2) M 3) O 4) N 5) K
5. In the following group, identify the one in which the first person is sitting between the second and third ?
1) K L N 2) J M P 3) O K P 4) N J M 5) O K L
6. Four of the following are alike in a certain way, identify the odd one ?
1) L N K 2) M J P 3) K L O 4) P O M 5) N J L
Direction(Q. 7):Study the following information and answer the following questions:
7. If the series is reversed and all the symbols are dropped then what would be the eighth element to the left of the second
from right ? 9 5 A Q R ! # 2 Z 7 ? 6 A $ 5 L B @ K
1) 7 2) R 3) Z 4) A 5) 6
Directions (8-10): Study the following information and answer the following questions: Seven friends Ravi, Raju, Raja, Rajan, Rahul, Rajesh and Ranjan study in three different colleges A,B, C and four different branches of engineering - Mechanical, Chemical, Electronics and Electrical not necessarily in the same order. At least one of them and not more than three of them study in any one College and any one branch. Raju studies mechanical in college B. Ravi and Rajan study in college A but in different branches. Rahul studies chemical and he is in college C with Raja. Neither Rajesh nor Ranjan studies in college A. The only person who studies electronics is in college C. Ranjan studies electrical. Ravi does not study chemical. Rajan and Raju are in same branch and only two people study chemical. Rajesh studies in college B.
8. Who studies electronics ?
1) Raju 2) Rajan 3) Raja 4) Ravi 5) Rahul
9. In which branch Rajesh study ?
1) Mechanical 2) Chemical 3) Electrical 4) Electronics 5) Can't be determined
10. Which college has maximum number of students ?
1) A 2) B 3) Either A or B 4) C 5) Either B or C
1. 5; (I) No leaf are petals + Some leaf are plants = Some plants are not petals Some plants are not petals + All plants are roots = Some roots are not petals = All petals being root is a possibility.
(II) Some flower are petals + No leaf are petals = Some flower are not leaves = All leaves being flower is a possibility
(2 to 6)
2.4; 3.4; 4.4; 5.3; 6.2;
7.4; K B L 5 A6 7 Z 2 R Q A 5 9
(8 to 10)
8. 3 , 9. 2 , 10.5
This post first appeared on Bankers Guru Adda : IBPS SBI Clerk PO RRB Material, please read the originial post: here