The Institute for Post-School Studies (IPSS) is an institute at the University of Western Cape (UWC), located within the Faculty of Education. IPSS includes studies in higher education, adult education and vocational education. Relevant research, teaching and development activities across the three domains of the IPSS contribute towards growing the knowledge base on post-schooling particularly in Africa and globally.
The IPSS is committed to offering post-graduate and funded full-time doctoral programmes of a high standard.Some of the programmes are offered in partnership with other international institutions. For example, there is currently a Doctoral programme in Higher Education Studies planned to be offered jointly with Eduardo Mondlane University, in Mozambique, and other international partners. The IPSS’s priority is to strengthen research capacity throughout the academic networks within and beyond the African continent.
Title: Doctoral & Post-Doctoral Research Fellowships In Higher Education Studies - 2017
- To qualify for Doctoral and Post-doctoral positions candidates must be African nationals and able to make a substantial contribution to teaching, research and publications in the field of HES.
African nationals (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are eligible to apply for these fellowships.
Admission requirements for doctoral candidates:
- An average grade of 60% in masters studies or equivalent qualification.
- Academic transcripts.
- A completed application form.
- An essay of about 4, 000 – 5, 000 words expressing interest and experience in the field of higher education as well as a possible research question to guide your future study. Essay to be supported by current literature on the issue being addressed.
- Three references, with two of them written by former academic mentors and teachers.
- Work experience in the higher education field will be an added advantage.
- English language proficiency in reading and writing. If master’s degree was not offered in English then a TOEFL or IELTS result score will be required.
- Upper limit age of 40 yrs.
Application requirements for Post-doctoral programme:
To apply please submit the following documentation:
- Motivation letter, including not more than a 1000 words outline of relevant expertise and experience;
- Full Curriculum Vitae including a list of research publications, conference papers and other scholarly output;
- Full transcripts of academic record and copy of doctoral degree certificate;
- Copy of ID document (or copy of passport in the case of foreign applicants);
- Contact details of two academic referees who have taught/supervised the candidate
- The recipient of the post-doctoral fellowship is expected to work under the supervision and mentorship of the coordinator of the programme and experts in the field.
- The IPSS is committed to equal opportunities for men and women. Therefore, women are particularly invited and encouraged to apply.
- Applications should be emailed, in a single pdf file, to [email protected] or [email protected]
- This programme is supported by the Carnegie Corporation of New York and other IPSS partners.
14th November, 2016
Click to download PDF version of call for applications_IPSS_DHES_2016
Click for more information
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here