Get Even More Visitors To Your Blog, Upgrade To A Business Listing >>

Error in Seeking Alpha Article

For those of you who read my recent post on Seeking Alpha, a math error was pointed out to me (it was a late night and Excel was not my friend). The point still remains the same, but the numbers are much more reasonable - here is the revised chart:

CGW -13.22%
CGW -13.22%
EVX -2.86%
DBA 44.88%
GEX 14.39%
DSI -20.61%
PBD -3.54%
EVX -2.86%
PBW -9.06%
EWZ 30.05%
PHO -4.65%
FXA 11.99%
PUW -8.91%
PAXHX -6.67%
PZD 2.41%
PBD -3.54%



PZD 2.41%
S&P 500 -19.69%
UDN 12.04%








S&P 500 -19.69%





Overall: -3.18%
Overall: 5.45%
v S&P: 16.51%
v S&P: 25.14%

The overall performance was -3.18% versus the overall performance of 5.45% in the diversified portfolio, an 8.63% swing.

That looks MUCH better, I was wondering what happened! Don't let my late night typos fool you, the strategy still works, especially in the long run. Thanks to imagomundi for catching the error!


This post first appeared on Smugly Green, please read the originial post: here

Share the post

Error in Seeking Alpha Article

×

Subscribe to Smugly Green

Get updates delivered right to your inbox!

Thank you for your subscription

×