What is Gett?
Gett Car Service – Your Guide to Gett Rideshare & Gett Black Car Service
Since companies like Uber hit the ride-hailing scene, passengers have increasingly had access to an expanding range of rideshare services that are meeting their daily transportation needs by mixing mobility with convenience (and guaranteed lowered costs).
Slowly but surely, Gett is emerging as one of the rideshare industry’s major players. Formerly known as GetTaxi, Gett is an expansive global company which currently operates in more than 100 cities throughout the UK, the United States, Russia and Israel.
Currently, Gett is the #1 ridesharing operator in Europe, and Gett customers can access Gett’s premium car service in major cities like New York, Moscow, London, and dozens more. In London alone, half of all black cabs now run on the Gett platform.
So…what is it that sets Gett apart?
A Closer Look at Gett
First launched in 2010, Gett has now become a major player in the wider rideshare community. Thus far, Gett has raised over $640 million in venture capital funding, and was recently named one of the ‘top 15 explosively growing companies’ by Forbes. Gett is known for being on-time, efficient, professional, and cost-effective.
Depending on where you’re located, Gett’s revenue model (and pricing structure) varies.
Of course, in terms of perks, available benefits differ depending on whether or not you’re a Driver or passenger. Below, we outline some of the main advantages to using Gett (for both passengers, and prospective drivers).
For Gett drivers
Boldly stated on Gett’s website, the company claims their drivers receive superior pay, when compared to Uber drivers. Some of the instant perks of becoming a Gett driver include:
- A low 10% commission taken by the company
- Drivers keep 100% of tips
- A 1.2% increase when working 50-plus hours each week
- And up to $600 in sign-up bonuses.
Although Gett does not offer surge pricing (the absence of which is mostly a benefit to passengers, and arguably a disadvantage to drivers), Gett drivers are able to make steady, competitive pay due to the company’s lower commission fee (i.e, the 10% mentioned above).
Becoming a driver is a relatively easy process — all you need to do is sign-up, download the app, verify that your vehicle meets certain specifications, pass a personal background check…and you’ll begin receive jobs. It’s as simple as that.
As a driver, here are some of the top things you should know:
- Vehicles must be at least 2011 or newer, being dark blue, grey, silver, white or black.
- Jobs that are completed between Monday 12:00 am to Sunday 11:59 pm, are paid the following Friday. Statements are sent out on Thursday to show a complete breakdown of payment.
- Tips are encouraged, with an option for customers to select a suggested amount, or they can also input their own amount. Drivers keep 100% of whatever income they receive in tips/gratuity.
- You can sign-up as a Gett Driver online or visit one of their office locations. Select your country and city in order to see office hours.
- You can contact Gett Support at the following number: +1 855-200-4388
For Gett passengers
Although used widely by the general population in major metropolitan areas across the globe, Gett was originally aimed at professionals in the business community. As an industry leader in rideshare, reportedly over 6000 global corporations use Gett for business travel – employing the service to transport clients and employees between meetings and important functions.
As mentioned, Gett’s pricing structure is always predictable (since there are no surges). This has resulted in competitive flat rates. In some cases, Gett offers special rates, such as $10 rides anywhere in Manhattan.
Gets pre-booked cars are guaranteed to arrive on time. In comparison – when ordering a ride through a conventional black-car service (in real-time) – pickups can often take 10 to 20 minutes to arrive (a major downside for business travelers).
Gett’s state-of-the-art mobile technology allows for advanced and precise pre-booking capabilities – and the company prides itself on its well-reviewed 24/7 customer care. Overall, this makes the Gett’s user-experience (arguably) more seamless than many of its rideshare competitors.
As a Gett passenger, here’s what you should know:
- Simply download the app, and book a ride accordingly. After tapping the magnifying glass, you can then enter your pickup location, as well as the car class. Once you receive a quote, that will be available for the next 10 minutes — tap order now, and you’ll be on your way.
- Great rates are offered to an from select airports. In order to pay, simply input your credit or debit information prior to your first ride.
- If you have special requests, Gett allows passengers to leave a pre-ride note for their drivers — alternatively, passengers can also call drivers directly (if they prefer to speak with them one-on-one).
- To save money, Gett customers can also enjoy a feature called Gett Together, a service that allows passengers to share rides with other customers who are traveling along a similar route.
Whether you’re a potential driver, or a potential passenger, check out the Gett App today!
Sign up to drive with Uber or Lyft for a cash bonus!
The post Gett appeared first on I Drive With Uber.