The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Title: Entry Clearance Assistant
- The Deputy British High Commission is looking for 2 Entry Clearance Assistant to work in the Visa Section.The successful candidate will undertake a variety of tasks to support visa operations. This position is a 6 months contract from June-November 2017.
- We are looking for someone with good oral and written communication skills. In particular, the successful candidate should be able to work quickly and accurately, often under pressure, have a positive approach to tackling problems and a willingness to take on new tasks.
- The most important qualities required are diligence, resilience, self motivation, a flexible approach and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Undertaking a variety of administrative tasks to support delivery of remote printing processes for decisions made in Sheffield and Abuja.
- Oversight of daily deliveries and dispatch of application dockets and decisions with the commercial partner; checking manifests and applications and ensuring that TEEs and bags are securely sealed.
- Photocopying and management of the registries; including weeding and destruction of files in accordance with destruction guidelines and under the direction of the entry clearance manager.
- Contacting customers as directed by the entry clearance officer/manager.
- Managing the returned passport process in accordance with current guidance.
- IT literate in terms of using computers for email on a daily basis.
- Able to communicate fluently in both written and verbal English.
- Previous working experience within the last 12 months of working within a visa section, or other departments within High Commissions or Embassies overseas.
- Familiarity with software packages (notably MS Word, Excel and straightforward databases).
- Making Effective Decisions, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace.
- Starting monthly salary: N 263,239
10th May, 2017.
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here