MTN Nigeria - The leader in telecommunications in Nigeria, and a part of a diverse community in Africa and the Middle East, our brand is instantly recognisable. It is through our compelling brand that we are able to attract the right talents who we carefully nurture by continuously improving our employment offerings even beyond reward and recognition.
Job Title: Planner, Material Resource (Technology)
- Planner, Material Resource is part of the Planning & Forecasting team at the Opco and will support the demand fulfillment and planning process. Planner, Material Resource will use Material Requirements Planning (MRP) techniques with demand and inventory data to calculate requirements for materials.
- The role collaborates with the demand planning team in creating purchase requisitions, make stock re-order recommendations and reschedule open orders aligned to delivery dates.
- Planner, Material Resource would support the Manager, Planning & Forecasting and would be involved in the demand fulfillment process. These processes would involve interactions with Opco and Centers of Excellence (CoE).
- Update Bill of Material (BOM) based on the requirements
- Prepare schedule of purchase for the required material and share with Buyer
- Participate and provide inputs in operational meetings
- Set up and manage ad hoc meetings for day to day operational requirements
- Timely notification of escalations to the Manager
- Resolve escalations as per defined escalation/resolution procedures
- Participate and provide inputs on project status meetings
- Propose operational changes and provide associated user impact assessment
- Ensure effective execution of day to day operations and at the Opco and resolve operational issues
- Improve productivity and quality through leading practice initiatives
- Initiate request for creation of BOM in case it is not available
- Identify the components of product to be updated in BOM
- Perform material requirement planning on a periodic basis considering the demand and inventory level
- Assist Manager, Planning & Forecasting in defining minimum-maximum stock replenishment
- Calculate the reorder point, min-max levels, safety stock and bin level
- Monitor stock level and calculate the requirements
- Supervise individual team members performance
- Allocate daily work to team members and ensure appropriate planning for back-up and leave/absenteeism
- Ensure cohesive working
- Accountable for meeting and prioritising own targets/ deadlines and those of direct reportees
- Provide information to the Manager on work accomplishments and individual / team challenges
- Lead team meetings and contribute on specialist/ technical areas
- Review performance metric dashboards on various performance metrics and provide inputs to the Manager
- Normal MTNN working conditions
- May be required to work extended hours
- Open plan office.
- First degree in Supply Chain Management or any related discipline.
- Fluent in English
- CSCP (Certified Supply Chain Professional)
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in an area of specialisation; with experience working with others
- Experience working in a medium organization Training: Any training specific to Supply Chain Management will be an added advantage.
- BA, BEd, BEng, BSc, BTech or HND.
5th May, 2017.
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here