Nimbus Resource Solutions, is a specialist resourcing and recruitment process outsourcing (RPO) company based in Dubai placing Contract, Permanent and Executive Search resources across Europe, Middle East and Africa. We work with clients across Satellite/Telecoms, Information Technology, Security Integration and Logistics markets.
Job Title: Head of IT Development/Architect
- The company is seeking an individual with a broad experience of large scale IT systems.
- The ideal candidate will be operating at a senior level reporting in to the CTO.
- The Head of IT Development will have overall responsibility for the technical roadmap and its components.
- Provides overall direction, guidance and definition of IT architecture, to effectively support the corporate business strategy.
- Bridge the gap between IT and management in a way that he/she can communicate comfortably with both
- Lead the development team (IT Factory) and external contractors
- Develop, maintain, and deliver the company’s technical roadmap, ensure technical consistency between various platforms used
- Contribute to the overall strategy/direction of the technology department and advise on best practice
- Ensure company’s technological infrastructure is operating effectively and efficiently
- Software selection, evaluation and implementation
- Development of large software systems as well as customization of existing software
- Reduce dependencies between systems to simplify the technology solution
- Overall responsible for performance of systems - uptime, quality, user experience
- Ensure Agile tenets are being followed and improved upon
- Participate in resource planning & scheduling for the team and developer interview process
- Proactively work with Product / Business Owner to define product epics and update roadmaps
- Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, System Analysis or a related field, or equivalent work experience; Master’s degree in one these fields preferred
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in managing an IT Development operation, ideally from a logistics background
- Working experience and understanding of Enterprise Architecture best practices frameworks and standards, for example, TOGAF
- Software Engineering background, proven track record of having worked as developer and as a team leader, across multiple platforms, especially MS
- All round skill set in application development and project roll outs
- Integrating various software solutions into one working system
- Development of large software systems
- Customization of existing software
- Ability to command a multi cultural team based in different locations
- Executive communication skills, strategic thinking and understanding of corporate strategy and IT’s role in its context
- Excellent Expat package.
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here