Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international Non-Governmental organization supporting Relief and Development work in over 100 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality.
CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. Therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to our approach in every country in which CRS operates.
Job Title: Community and Social Cohesion Specialist
- The Community/ Social Cohesion Specialist will work closely with the Agriculture Program Manager and the Agriculture and Livelihoods Specialist to deliver needed capacity building and technical assistance for beneficiaries on the project
- S/he will lead planning, implementation and motoring of all Community/Social Cohesion activities that layer humanitarian response with longer-term development.
- This includes program support in beneficiary selection and registration, community mobilization, monitoring and evaluation of project activities, coordination, and reporting
- BA/S or equivalent In relevant field such a Psychology and Community Development or equivalent Experience.
- 3 - 5 years of community and social cohesion experience In emergency contexts
- Strong technical background in a broad range of group dynamics and social cohesion interventions
- Demonstrated capacity In technical support and coordination
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Demonstrated experience and abilities in donor and host government representation at held level, In capacity building of local staff and local government, in negotiation,and monitoring
- Effective multi-tasking, organizational capacity prioritization skills are necessary
- English (written and spoken) is required
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to follow procedures, meet deadlines and work independently and cooperatively with team members is essential.
- Agency-wide Competencies (for all staff):
- These are rooted in the mission, values and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfil his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results:
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationship
- Promotes Learning
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
01 April 2017
29th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the "Application Form Below" and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file word document to: [email protected] The position title must be expressly stated as the subject of the email quoting reference number EMER031417
Click here to download Application Form (MS Word)
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here