The Kpakpando Foundation for the Physically Challenged Persons (KFPCP) is a foremost Non-Governmental Charity Organization that caters for the well-being of Persons with Disability (PwD's) in Nigeria.
Job Title: Project Officer
Strategy and Programme Development:
- Assist with regular analysis of policy developments and themes concerning Persons With Disabilities (PWDs).
- Assist in the development and implementation of Kpakpando Foundation program strategy.
- Contribute to internal (within the team and across the organization) discussions on thematic issues particularly on disabled persons.
- Contribute to further develop, and deepen understanding of Kpakpando Foundation thematic issues and approaches.
- Support the process of planning, development and implementation of projects/program
- Assist in the development and implementation of research and assessments and data collection (incl. provision of feedback to research planning and drafts, communication with data collectors, designers, editors and printing houses)
- Assist in organizing and facilitating dialogue meetings, workshops and seminars with government representatives, civil society and international organizations to:
- Share experiences and lessons learnt and promote cooperation;
- Raise awareness for the plight of persons living with disabilities.
- Contribute to the development of relationships with Kpakpando Foundation partners all over the world.
- Development of understanding and capacity of partner organizations on dialogue and cooperation.
- Assistance in the design and delivery of needs based training and other support activities at official, civil society and community levels;
- Assistance with monitoring & evaluation.
Communications and Advocacy:
- Identify opportunities and provide assistance in developing relationships for promoting peace and welfare of PWDs.
- Contribute in developing appropriate strategies for advocacy with partners.
- Regular communication and liaising with local partners.
- When requested, represent Kpakpando Foundation at meetings, seminars, co-ordination fora and other events.
Funding and Administration:
- Assist in identifying funding opportunities and fundraising
- Perform project organization activities in liaison with the relevant staff, such as; assistance in the drafting of project reports,
- Assisting in preparing estimates for budgeted activities and funding proposals,
- Assist in translation of documents and in meetings with other actors.
- Take on other administrative tasks as they occur, such as updating the database, taking minutes, assisting with logistics for travel, etc.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent in related area of studies and a good overview of Nigeria;
- A minimum of 5 year relevant project management experience;
- Good command in written and spoken English;
- Good communication skills, written and oral;
- Enthusiasm to learn and apply new skills;
- Good interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- A willingness to promote Kpakpando Foundation's work and develop NGO collaborative work.
24th March, 2017.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their full CV's together with cover letter outlining relevant experience and stating where you saw the advert to: [email protected] Please use Kpakpando Vacancy in the subject line.
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here