GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Job Title: Commercial Finance Manager - WCA af
- Responsible for providing strategic P&L or operations finance leadership, for a defined group of organizations, a P&L or a region.
- Serves as a business partner to the operating team to drive business initiatives, growth, business strategy, and (global) profitability.
- Manages a team in smaller scope roles.
- May include oversight for several types of Finance responsibilities such as FP&A or Controllership.
- Partner with business leader and staff to drive operating performance & act as champion for strategic initiatives within the organization
- Ownership for developing estimates, operating plans/forecasts/reviews, Growth Playbook (3-year Plan), SII (1-year Plan)
- Driving profitable growth by providing analysis of results and reporting key metrics while advising the leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions
- Effectively manage/lead/coordinate/develop a team of Financial Analysts and/or Finance Managers determine clear roles & responsibilities, identify and action development needs to ensure superior finance business support.
- Work with Controllership & Operational teams to adopt Healthcare SOP's; Drive profitable growth in the region by providing analysis of results and identifying & tracking key metrics while advising the leadership team on risks and opportunities, as well as recommending actions
- Work with the Controllership and Planning & Analysis teams to define the relevant IT platform and requirements to support analysis, improve data visibility and ensure controllership
- Lead cross-functional projects to drive simplification throughout the organization and to improve rigor in key Finance processes, reducing costs & improving profitability
- Provide Finance leadership for NPI activities (e.g. target costing, margin analysis, etc.)
- Drive quarterly indirect ledger ties to work with FP&A to identify areas of leakage
- Contribute to improving efficiencies and performance as well as providing quality financial information (e.g. report dashboard and VC/BC productivity). Actively participate with LS Operations Management to improve productivity and inventory management.
- Develop and improve financial processes: Finance reporting tools, Management reporting tools, budgeting and estimating processes, standard Production Cost set ups and analyses, Capital Investment.
- Assist with management reporting (regional and segment P&L's) and communicate results to managers.
- Drive consistent usage of COFE, GLA (report net), and COGNOS Business Intelligence (B.I.) tools across GE Healthcare.
- Develop new reports for process improvements.
- Aware of and comply with the GEHC Quality Manual, Quality Management System, Quality Management Policy, Quality Goals, and applicable laws and regulations as they apply to this job type/position
- Complete all planned Quality & Compliance training within the defined deadlines
- Identify and report any quality or compliance concerns and take immediate corrective action as required
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration and minimum of six years of financial work experience or High School Diploma/GED and minimum of ten years financial work experience including developing forecasts & operating plans and leading business / finance reviews
- Strong analytic skills: able to clearly link financial results to operational performance drivers, generate alternatives and drive positive change
- Clear thinking / problem solving: successfully led cross-functional projects/process improvement within operations/finance function involving process improvement; able to quickly grasp new ideas
- Leadership experience: has two years experience leading team members balancing execution through others with inclusiveness, leveraging expertise, clear thinking, imagination, and external focus.
- Excellent communication skills: experience working across multiple levels (including executive level), functions and regions; able to clearly communicate complex financial information in a easy to understand manner; able to deliver message effectively verbally and in writing
- Solid PC skills: experience with financial systems/applications (i.e.: Oracle, SAP, COGNOS, Business Objects, etc.), strong Excel skills in data compilation and aggregation (i.e. pivot tables, VLookup, and Macros)
- Fluency in English
- Confidence / Assertiveness: strong influencing skills across business functions; confidence to approach business leaders with difficult messages and defend position; for example, work closely with business leaders to achieve business objectives while driving controllership/GE Values
- Experience working in global business environment with sound understanding of global process and transactional flows
- Experience successfully leading cross-functional projects and process improvement within the operations/finance functions; able to quickly grasp new ideas.
- Experience leading in a matrixed environment
- Adaptable/flexible: being open to change (positive or negative) in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or to work in ambiguous situations
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions, and when dealing with others
- Basic understanding of financial compliance: SOX, GAAP
- Trained and/or certified in process improvement methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
- Graduate of GE's Financial Management Program (FMP), Experienced Financial Leadership Program (EFLP) or Corporate Audit Staff (CAS); or graduate of other financial leadership programs
- Masters' Degree in Business Administration
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here