British American Tobacco Nigeria (BATN) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Job Title: Fleet Manager
- Implement a World Class vehicle fleet management and reporting system that would deliver immense value for the company.
- To acquire, maintain, insure and fuel company vehicles, ensuring that the resources are well distributed and manage all expense accrued in a cost effective manner eliminating non-value adding practices while introducing and implementing value adding practices.
- Acquisition of company approved model vehicles from accredited vehicle dealers with the assistance of the procurement team to ensure that best possible terms are received (cost , warranty )
- Monitor and record vehicle running cost for all BATN / BATM vehicles and provide a quarterly report on these highlighting exceptional reports that need to be cascaded accordingly.
- Foresee future replacement of vehicles and ensure that each vehicle life cycle is tracked and at pre identified age and mileage, the vehicles are replaced to avoid a large running expense and for safety of the Drivers.
- The fleet manager has to be up to date on all of the latest laws and regulations governing the fleet transportation industry in order to keep things in proper working order and to make sure they're up to date with regulatory compliance.
- Ensure the recruitment of experienced and seasoned Drivers who are familiar with frequently ploughed routes.
- Management Skills
- Ensure fleet availability to meet all requests by scheduling, forecasting and surveying current user trends.
- Monitor the use of company vehicles (country wide) by demanding for and getting monthly reports on condition/state of vehicles.
- Ensure proper repairs and maintenance of all vehicles according to schedule when due at approved garages. Liaise with the garages to ensure timely repairs and delivery.
- The manager will evaluate data received from the vehicle tracking system and determine if steps need to be taken to improve driver efficiency or safety.
- Liaise with all relevant Government and regulatory agencies to acquire vehicle related documents.
- Ability to maintain and effective relationship with internal stake holders within the business in order to obtain any necessary information/documentation required in vehicle-related insurance matters.
- Maintaining effective liaison with relevant external stakeholders especially Law Enforcement Agencies, Intelligence and Security organizations and other government agencies to obtain practical and material assistance to the business.
- Able to create a plan that will address all long range strategic and business aspects of owning, operating and disposing of vehicles
- Able should be able to attend to the financial aspects of establishing purchasing, maintenance and replacement of vehicles
- Ability to manage inventory and proper vehicle maintenance
- The Fleet Manager should have the ability to Manager Drivers
- Ability to develop reports for regulatory compliance
- Good knowledge of technology which he can use to add value to the Fleet
- Knowledgeable on Fleet Management systems
- 3-5 years of experience in Fleet Management
28th March, 2017.
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here