Job Title: Sales Development Executive
- Exploring all opportunities to develop additional business from assigned customer accounts.
- Managing and coordinating all sales development activities whilst aiming to achieve sustainable business growth through the increasing of sales.
- Proactively finding new target customers, acquiring new business & creating sales leads from overseas to achieve sales targets, as well as taking responsibility for the achievement of objectives and team sales targets.
- Approaching & presenting to customers by skillfully communicating information regarding the Company's solutions and services.
- Reporting sales activities & sales performance regularly or upon request.
- Assisting Team Leaders or Managers to set strategies to achieve team or company targets.
- Developing and securing new import sea and air business, particularly on our core trade lanes
- Providing clients with competitive proposals and following up quotations
- Providing value added services to clients
- Generating and following up sales leads
- Meeting prospective and existing clients
- Working closely with Operations to ensure a smooth transaction for each customer
- Liaising with Sales Team as well as Marketing team to send out promotional mailings
- Providing quotations to existing and new clients for import sea, air, road movements; and proactively following up in order to win the business
- Handling clients' bookings by effectively liaising with customers and overseas agents in order to arrange smooth shipping of cargo at origin
- Building strong relationships with clients in order to understand clients' needs and maximize sales opportunities
- Supporting outside sales team in securing face to face appointments, preparing proposals and helping to close deals.
- Actively pursue growth opportunities, by developing new clients and maintaining good relationship with existing clients
- Drive new business growth across all facets of the business in line with the sales targets/budgets set by the Sales Manager
- Continuously promote sales activities personally, by developing and concentrating on new key accounts and developing business with existing accounts
- Ensures accurate compilation and reporting of operational and financial information about the customers
- Achieve a balanced portfolio of business that maximizes operational efficiency and reduces risk all in accordance to the allocation of targets set by the Sales Manager
- Prepare sales plans and reports
- Constant communication with new customers, customer support and the freight management departments about relevant company policies, departmental expectations and customer expectations
- Bachelor's Degree in Administration, Logistics ,Sales & account management and/or a related field.
- Proven sales experience in freight forwarding is essential
- 3-5 years of applicable business development / sales experience providing solutions in Freight Forwarding
- Excellent industry knowledge with the ability to sell import ocean services
- Self-motivated and target driven with ambition to succeed
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to build strong, lasting relationships with clients
- Ability to prioritize, and organize work in order to achieve deadlines and targets
- Ability to understand clients' Freight Forwarding challenges and structure effective solutions
- Ability to influence and build relationships at all levels
- Extensive knowledge of International Freight
- Research and development of new sales opportunities
- Implementation of new strategies to increase business growth
- Strong computer literacy in Microsoft Office.
31st March, 2017.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications via mail to: [email protected]
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here