Bridge International Academies is the world’s largest and fastest-growing chain of primary and pre-primary schools with more than 400 academies and 120,000 pupils in Kenya and Uganda. We democratize the right to succeed by giving families living in poverty access to the high-quality education that will allow their children to live a very different life.
We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to standardize and scale every aspect of quality education delivery, from how and where academies are built to how teachers are selected and trained, and how lessons are delivered and monitored for improvement. We are vertically-integrated, tech-enabled, and on our way to profitability. Bridge expects to continue rapid expansion in East Africa, and will be launching operations in Nigeria in September 2015, with India to follow in 2016.
Job Title: Procurement Manager, Nigeria
- As our Procurement Manager, you are responsible for leading the team that sources and obtains strong pricing across the various areas that we need items for – chiefly our academies, as well as for HQ functions.
- You uphold the highest standard of conduct, and you expect the same from your team.
- This is a key position within the company’s Supply Chain team with important linkages to many other department.
- Develop and implement policies, procedures, tools and guidelines to ensure effective and efficient procurement processes in the company and to assure seamless procurement services
- Seek, evaluate and recommend reliable vendors or suppliers to provide quality goods or services at reasonable prices
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, contractors and other partners within the procurement services chain to create partnerships that add value
- Negotiate prices, lead times and other contractual terms with suppliers in Nigeria and other parts of the world as may be required
- Review and embed with user departments the technical specifications for all materials required for school operations, equipment or construction requirements
- Closely oversee the acquisition of materials needed for production of learning and training requirements, general supplies for offices and facilities, equipment, and construction contracts while ensuring visibility of the process at each stage.
- Work with department managers and other staff to forecast demand of procurement services and to ascertain that goods are received as ordered and payments processed only for certified confirmations of deliveries or service.
- Budget, report and analyse procurement costs to ensure high visibility and control of procurement related expenses.
- Degree/professional qualifications in purchasing and supplies management
- Expert level of knowledge in procurement including, but not limited to sourcing, pricing, contracts, relationship management and due diligence on suppliers and contractors
- Ability to quickly learn and improve systems; technical competence in MS Office
- Experience working with an ERP (Experience working with Dynamics NAV will be an added advantage)
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here