Cummins Inc., a global power leader, is a corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, USA we serve customers globally via a network of more than 600 distributors and approximately 6,500 dealer locations in 190 countries. In 2013, we reported net income of $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion.
Job Title: Quality Engineer-160004AW
- Applies the principles of product quality planning, evaluation, and control in support of the manufacturing and installation operations of the organization.
- Responsible for applicable systems related to plant customer issues such as corrective action requests, supplier corrective action requests, nonconforming material reports, etc.
- Leads containment activities.
- Facilitates continuous improvement quality activities to reduce the potential for defects, and ensures continual improvement in process and product design.
- Ensures products and process development meet quality standards.
- Identifies problems, prioritizes actions, leads or participates in Six Sigma projects.
- Participates in change management activities by verifying products and processes, developing key measures, and analyzing data for decision support.
- Conducts audits of processes and quality systems.
- Works with purchasing to improve the quality of purchased parts.
- Serve as a quality technical resource to other functional areas.
- Communication - Written And Verbal - Effectively expresses messages and ideas in a clear, organized and relevant manner for a variety of audiences.
- Develops organized, complete, and convincing communications.
- Conveys thoughts and ideas regarding a topic concisely and clearly.
- Ability to communicate without increasing either the employee's or employer liability.
- Ability to communicate effectively to different levels of the organization.
- Communicates information at a level appropriate for the intended audience.
- Effectively presents messages to individuals and/or small and large groups.
- Ability to communicate appropriately for various time zones, differing cultures, and differing languages.
- Uses appropriate style, grammar, and tone in informal and/or formal business messages.
- Reviews and edits written work constructively.
- Uses visual aids that are effective and appropriate for communication medium.
- Delivers messages with the desired effect.
- Prepares necessary support materials for meetings which may include agendas and/or pre-read documents.
- Uses appropriate tone and body language to deliver messages. S
- eparates personal biases from fact.
- Expresses messages in a positive manner, focusing on strengths rather than weaknesses.
- Ability to use appropriate communication tools as needed (WebEx, Same Time, video conferencing, teleconferencing, Visio, MS Project, etc.).
- College, university, or equivalent degree required.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
- Improve and maintain plant RFT score to 85% and above.
- Reduce and maintain plant Warranty and BIS to 15,000PPM and below.
- Reduce any quality disruption to production.
- Procure replacement parts for to mitigate production disruptions.
- Some technical knowledge for repairs of failed gensets
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here