Standard Chartered Bank - We're a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets.We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
Job Title: Principal - Structured Solutions
- Originate and Scope- by providing advice and sharing industry needs and structures with sales teams and RM’s. To identify key client needs based on knowledge of the industry and client.
- Structure and negotiate- To develop structures to meet clients financing needs.
- Preparing and negotiating term sheets with the client. To vet the underlying commercial contracts, if any.
- To interface and engage with In-house Legal and external counsel as applicable to ensure the documentation is robust and in line with banks requirements.
- To engage various teams and work to resolve operational, regulatory & compliance, accounting and tax issues.
- To structure the solutions for the distribution/sell down of the assets (developed through various structures including ECAs, credit insurance, primary market distribution etc).
- To price the transaction appropriately and charge structuring fees commensurate with the solution and efforts.
- Risk management: To be able to make work shopping memos/PSR so that deal structure, risks and revenue economics can be effectively communicated to relevant stakeholders. To ensure that the solutions are in line with the banks policies and deviations are appropriately identified and approvals sought.
- To discuss structure and risks along with RM teams and credit.
- To ensure key risk triggers are monitored.
- Delivery and Execution: To be aware of the operational aspects of each product and systems so that structures are developed which does not enhance operational risks.
- To coordinate with the delivery teams to ensure that draw downs happen smoothly.
Qualifications and Skills
- Proficiency in English
- Relevant experience.
- Strategic: ability to appreciate the bigger picture, create alternatives & instinctively spot relevant patterns, while remaining aware of the detailed nuances.
- Analytical: ability to search for reasons and causes behind events and decisions and be able to brainstorm on all the factors that might affect a situation. Ability to understand, and communicate industry and business risks and find solutions that fit within acceptable risk levels.
- Risk – Exposure to credit analysis and BCA writing of complex clients. Experience of executing multi geography transactions with understanding of legal and regulatory implications.
- Effective communication skills: Well-developed written and spoken communication skills to promote SCB capabilities within the SCB Group and externally and ability to coordinate and manage multiple stakeholders.
- Teamwork: ability to work in a cross cultural team and maximize the team effort.
- Good Interpersonal Skills : Personable with great emphasis on team work
- Diligence – Ensure deals are closed efficiently, fees booked within committed timelines and budgets are met
- Exposure to Structured Trade & Commodity Finance, securitised and SPV based financing is strongly preferred
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here