The United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS.
UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
Job Title: TA WASH Specialist (Emergency), P-4
- The incumbent of the post will be accountable for formulation, design, planning, implementing, monitoring and evaluation of WASH programme within the Field Office ensuring efficiency and effectiveness of the programme management, delivery and accomplishment of programme goals and objectives.
- As WASH Specialist in the Field office, direct, lead and manage a group of professional and support staff to develop, manage and administer the WASH programme (with a large humanitarian component).
- The WASH Specialist will work under the overall guidance of the Chief of Field Office, Maidugiri with technical guidance from the Chief of WASH, UNICEF Abuja.
Programme/project Planning, Development and Management:
- Enhance effective programme, sectoral or inter-sectoral, planning, development and management at the Field Office by leading, guiding, coordinating and supporting the timely completion of the Situational Analysis and its periodic update through accurate and complete monitoring and analysis, and the timely preparation or finalization of sectoral input.
- Draft proposals for funding for various emergency funding streams (Flash Appeal, CAP, ERF/CHF, CERF) including contingency planning/ preparedness for recurrent disasters.
- Promote knowledge management by exchange of knowledge, information, situation analysis, experience or lessons learned; promote knowledge sharing and technical input or recommendations on major programme directions and on introduction of new initiatives in the Field office zone.
Rights-Based Programme with Results-Based Approach:
- Promote the quality of rights-based WASH programme through participation in the formulation of programme/project goals, strategies and approaches.
- Bring coherence, synergy and added value to programme management processes using a results-based management approach to planning and design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the Field office zone.
Sectoral Work Plan Development, Implementation, and Monitoring:
- Takes primary responsibility for the development of the Field Office sectoral work plan and technical decisions as well as for project management, implementation and monitoring, in compliance with the defined project strategies and approaches.
- Organize and conduct training programmes to strengthen capacity of government partners/ NGOs in emergency preparedness, planning, response, Disaster Risk Reduction and other emerging areas.
Programme Management, Delivery, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Ensure Field Office WASH programme efficiency and delivery through a rigorous and transparent approach to evaluation. Participation in major evaluation exercises, programme reviews and annual sector review meetings with government counterparts.
- Ensure the preparation of annual WASH sector status reports from the Field Office.
- Ensure adequate and transparent evaluation of emergency preparedness and response.
- Develop and strengthen information management system for the UNICEF Field Office emergency response linking with sub-national WASH in Emergency (WiE) sector working groups and OCHA.
- Ensure timely and quality contributions to the WiE sector working group as well as to UNICEF SitReps.
- Advanced university Degree in one of the disciplines relevant to the following areas: Public Health, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Geology, Hydrology, Sanitation Engineering, or a field relevant to international WASH related development assistance.
- Additional training in Health Education or Communication for Development (Programme Communication), an asset.
- First university degree with additional two-years of relevant work experience is acceptable in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- Eight years of progressively responsible professional work experience in the UN or other international development organization, national government or the private sector.
- Experience in Emergency (preparedness and response) and the IASC Cluster approach preferred.
- Fluency in English
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
10th January, 2017.
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here