Mennonite Economic Development Associates (MEDA) invites applications for the senior post of Field Project Manager (FPM) for a large scale, long term economic development project (“the Project”) in Nigeria. More information on the Project follows this job posting. MEDA is an association of compassionate women and men who invest in people living in poverty around the world so they can unleash their potential to earn a livelihood to provide for their families and enrich their communities.
Job Title: Field Project Manager, Nigeria
- Leading a team of field staff, the FPM ensures effective implementation of project strategies, adjusting course as needed based on interim performance, to achieve life-of-project performance targets.
- This project is approved for funding and the position will become available upon the signature of the project contract.
- The anticipated start date is spring 2017.
- The duty station for this position is Abuja, Nigeria and involves frequent travel to project locations around the country, particularly in Bauchi State.
- The FPM will report to and work closely with MEDA’s North America-based Senior Project Manager tasked to supervise this Project.
- Acting as MEDA’s representative in Nigeria
- Ensuring daily management of the project and assuming full accountability of project results
- Ensuring project performance tracking
- Implementing security protocols
Project financial management
- Maintaining strict budgetary adherence and monitoring
- Ensuring review and timely submission of regular financial reports
- Ensuring effective and efficient management of project’s compliance with planning, monitoring, evaluation, performance and reporting
- Ensuring adherence to local legal requirements
Management of field staff
- Overseeing the management of all field staff, including recruitment, selection, supervision and ongoing performance evaluations
- Managing successful relationships with the Government of Nigeria, donor agencies, the business community and other stakeholders
- Managing successful relationships with Key Facilitating Partners; ensuring positive relationships are maintained and project targets are achieved.
New business development
- Supporting, as time allows, the Senior Director’s new business development efforts in-country and regionally
- A minimum of ten years of senior level experience leading and managing complex, large scale, multi-million dollar economic and enterprise development initiatives (or similar private sector experience).
- University degree (ideally Master’s) in international development, business administration or related field.
- Appreciation and support of MEDA’s faith statement, values, mission and purpose.
- Demonstrated experience working with youth and women
- Fluency (written and verbal) in English is required. Working knowledge of Hausa is desirable.
- Strong understanding of: business/financial decision making in competitive market environments; inclusive subsector development and value chain development facilitation methods.
- Proven leadership abilities with a multiple field office environment and relationships with North American-based HQ specialists and management.
- Functional experience in marketing, business planning, business growth advisory service or related areas.
- Direct private sector experience is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to mobilize stakeholders into partnerships and alliances, lead and facilitate collaborative processes.
- Experience in using commercial business development services (BDS) providers to upgrade farmer, entrepreneur and enterprise competencies.
- Prior work experience in Nigeria or comparable country context is preferred.
This post first appeared on Current Vacancies, Jobs In Nigeria, Latest Employm, please read the originial post: here